Motografix numberboard for 2014 model?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Philip1301, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Philip1301

Philip1301 New Member

Hi all,

I've got a black 2014 CBR1000RR and want to get a numberboard to protect the front fairing. I've used the Motografix ones previously on other bikes and they're great. The only problem is I can't find them for my year and Motografix haven't responded to my email.

I've compared photos of a 2012 model against mine and the front fairing looks the same. Is that correct? If so I'll plump for 2012 set but didn't want to order any until I'd got a view from someone else!

Thanks in advance!

Phil.

2. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

The 12 and 14 fairings are the same shape so will fit fine.

I quite like them too.... Can I ask, do they come off ok do you know?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Philip1301

Philip1301 New Member

Brill! Thanks for the reply.

I've never tried to remove them but I would imagine they come off OK. They're quite a thick flexible plastic so should peel off without any problems. For any sticky residue that's left on the fairing, you could remove that with a small amount of petrol and a soft cloth.

Thanks again!

4. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

Look bad ass in black image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Philip1301

Philip1301 New Member

Yep! That's what I want to go for. Think I'll have to have a dabble!! :)

6. jc6830

jc6830 Active Member

Best way to remove vinyl residue or any glues is with surgical spirit. High flash point so doesn't interfere with lacquer. Safe on laminated glass etc too..

7. webbie

webbie Active Member

they look dog shit ..woudnt fit one if got one for free there designs are awfull

8. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

They do come fine with a
    Well in my opinion they are a welcome addition to a bare front end. They don't just sell their deigns either, they will modify them to suit the purchaser.

I had mine done to suit myself. I also did the same to my Gixer so other peoples opinion don't mean shit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What is so wrong with those?

9. jc6830

jc6830 Active Member

Every biker is an individual, and anyone that looks after their machine and devotes their time to a cause in the way Lyn has done, as per his build thread, is entitled to do what he likes to customise it. Opinion is subjective, but some are best left unsaid. At least vinyls give you the chance to play with appearance rather than the commitment of a spary gun

• Like Like x 1