motorbike jeans

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by matt, Aug 6, 2011.

1. matt

matt Active Member

any one use any of the kevlar ones?
    just looking on the web and they be ideal for local trips to shops but still protect you

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Yeah , Dragging jeans. Never been sliding down the road on them but the videos of them being tested are good.

3. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Yeah, got a pair from Hein Gericke.

I also bought the knee protection inserts too.

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Ditto. But I don't really use mine much at all.

5. Rhysos

Rhysos Active Member

I've got the Draggin' ones with knox armour in them. I think they are great and I use them to commute on the blade all the time. Downsides are if you get wet they can get a bit soggy, and I doubt they offer the level of protecton that leather gives despite the marketing...

6. Simon

Simon Active Member

Had two pairs of Draggin jeans in the cargo pants style, can't recommend them enough. Very comfy with useable pockets and crash tested @ 60mph in the wet, although the outer layer ripped the kevlar protections remained undamaged. Even with the Aprilia RSV-R trapping my leg I only received brusing with not cuts or abrasions. Sadly the bike didn't fair as well! Only issue is the sand colour can become dirty quite quickly.

7. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Yep, got a pair of Hood jeans, nice enough and look very '' stock'' without the usual heavy stitching on the knees etc, which always make them look like bike jeans. I would say though that the kevlar only comes down to about 10 inches from the bottom of the jeans, not a problem if you wear full length boots, but if you wear the shortie ones then maybe an issue. Also with them not putting the kevlar all the way down to the bottom of the jeans then the top of the kevlar can get caught on the top of your boots when putting them on and the like, bit of a pain really and with a bit more expense you could fully line the interior and not have this '' rucking up '' which is a PITA.