Motorcycle Consultation

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T.C, Dec 19, 2017.

1. T.C

T.C Elite Member

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Might be contentious, but I'm in favour of initial theory test to 'qualify' for eligibility to enter CBT. We know that we need a totally different road perspective/awareness than car drivers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

It seems they are trying to replace actual rider learning experience with increased levels of bureaucracy - bureaucrats love this approach.

Real life is becoming more and more like a cross between Soviet Russia and the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy :D

(sorry if this reply is not particularly helpful !)

• Like Like x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Right on the mark, Mattie. We all know that bureaucracy is about butt-covering, setting 'benchmarks', and the all-important 'duty of care'.

When a consultation process has been documented (no matter how viable the outcomes are) the government sees to insulate itself from accountability. 'Well, we did a study and made various recommendations', the suede elbow-padded representative will tell the media - without actually letting on that nothing CONSTRUCTIVE came of the consultation process!:(

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Is there any plans to make the car test more difficult? As having seen a lot of new drivers lately the standards are Shockingly bad for observation and lane discipline let alone still no motorway training

• Like Like x 2
  6. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Another annoying practice that I see widespread is car drivers not signalling their intentions (Using their indicators) when going right on the roundabout. Roundabout lane discipline is shocking too.

7. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Are we going it alone now we are leaving the EU. I thought we had to tow the EU line.
    I don't really see anything too daunting here, just more obstacles to getting a proper full licence.

8. Frankblue

Frankblue New Member

If only new car drivers had as many hoops to jump through......still feel 6-12 months on two wheels would be an education for all 4 wheel drivers before taking their test.