Mulholland highway

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by rollsroyce, Nov 19, 2012.

1. rollsroyce

rollsroyce Member

chanced upon this last night on you tube, its a road somewhere in yankland where they go to throw their bikes at the ARMCO, have even got a photographer there that will film your crash for prosperity, its about 62 crashes, i got as far as number 22, just couldnt stop watching it, will have another peek tonight,hope it makes you smile boys, i will say no more , watch it, Ken.

2. phantom

phantom Active Member

Yeah that would be a Mr R mouse uploads.
    I swear there is something on the road as a lot
    Of them wash out the front at the exact same point.

3. eyore

eyore Member

Some great You Tube clips of Mulholland Drive ok, I think the fact that there may be some bends in the road catches them out, they get confused :D

4. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Nah, I agree with Phantom... I reckon the uploader to YouTube is sneaking out in the morning with some oil/lube/diesel, then setting up his camcorder for the day's action. Probably getting $250 per crash off "You've Been Framed" to boot!!!

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

This part of Mullholland Drive is sometimes known as the "snake" for obvious reasons.

[​IMG]

There seems to be some kind of "Rites of passage" thing going on with riding it to the extremes of your ability. Couple that with dust dumped from the sierra's by the Santa Anna or El Nino and you've got "You've Been Framed" heaven.

6. phantom

phantom Active Member

had a few chats with a fella that rides the road all the time
    after helping him with the editing of a youtube clip of the road.
    so I posed the question of why so many people crash,
    he said there is three main reasons.

1. a lot of corners tighten mid corner and the guys (who are used to straight roads panic brake and loose the front)
    2. lots of car drivers use the road and spin up on the corners and lay down slippery rubber and oil spills.
    3. sand and dirt on the road is the biggest factor.

would explain why so many people seem to just throw there bike down the road