My blade- saga concludes

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by GaryS, Mar 13, 2016.

1. GaryS

GaryS Active Member

Hi Guys readers with a long memory may recall I posted up the details of the theft and recovery of my blade. These bastards have cost me well over £5k in paying the costs to save my premium ( don't bother it did nt work ) and no claims and to prevent her from sitting waiting for insurance to write her off in the late summer. I promised an update here is the test from West Mercia Police website. I ve sent it to MCN hopefully they will run it too. Some might feel the sentences are a little, er... lenient?! The company front they used was ' Bike bits R us'.
    Three men have been convicted of handling stolen goods following an investigation which started in Hereford in October 2013 and led to enquiries around the country. They appeared before Worcester Crown Court for sentencing on Wednesday 24 February.

• Paul Johnson, aged 40, of Lugg Bridge Road, Hereford, received a two year suspended sentence and 200 hours unpaid work
    • Steven Gaze, aged 49, of Thomas Close, Hereford received a 12 month community supervision order
    • Seamus McGlynn, aged 32,of Alma Grove, London, received a 22 month suspended sentence and 200 hours unpaid work
    Paul Johnson operated a motorcycle spares business in Hereford selling parts online using auction websites, Steven Gaze was his employee. Seamus McGlynn organised the transportation of the stolen vehicles.
    So, there you have it - obviously I'm not best pleased but I didn't get the impression the police were either. GaryS

#1 GaryS, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  2. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

Who says crime doesn't pay.
    Bikers jailed for speeding and these tossers walk away, effectively, scott free wtf.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

We have a screwed up justice system for sure :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i do hope that somebody goes to their home and steals everything they have .

5. Alblade

Alblade God Like

That's utter garbage - hardly sends a stern message out does it.

The Judge should be brought to book to explain his reasoning in not sending an organised operation stealing motor vehicles and breaking for parts - is there a way Joe Public can appeal things like that in the way those convicted can appeal if they feel the jail term etc. is too harsh?

6. GaryS

GaryS Active Member

Good Question that perhaps we have a lawyer on the forum? You might notice that they were given convictions for ' handling ' which implies that they did nt actually nick my bike and all the others they were caught with/ connected to. If you recall my ' dummy' tracker led the police to the address ( I've posted this on the forum earlier) where the bike was being stripped with others. As often happens, in my experience to save time and money and to get a guilty plea a lesser charge is offered. On the up- side the Judge ordered a proceeds of crime hearing and the CPS are trying to work out how much money they made out of ripping us off and ordering it to be repaid. Hopefully this will mean they have to repay their ill gotten gains. I've kept involved and put in a claim but if I get anything it will take ages ( it's been two and a half years already ) and it won't be close to what I've lost or the grief it caused. Cheers Gary-
    Most likely they will plead poverty - they are nt exactly trustworthy are they!

#6 GaryS, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Makes you bloody sick, all it teaches them is that being caught is an inconvenience.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. RepsolPaul

RepsolPaul Well-Known Member

Dummy tracker ?

9. GaryS

GaryS Active Member

Yes indeed. I had one under the seat which did nt work but had wires running to the vaccinity of the battery tray and another one that was live hidden elsewhere. It's worked twice to retrieve her. It happened because the previous owner thought under the seat was too blatant. It was really hard to get it replaced when I got her back ( I'd get another spare ) cos tracker don't like the idea - it's not that hard to think your way round it with black tape and wires tho. Obviously thieves tend to smash the seat unit and pull the wires out. Well it nailed these three scumbags! Gary

10. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Good work on your part mate, let down by a justice system that has certain members of the judiciary so far removed from every day life that their sentences do not reflect the damage these pieces of filth cause.

History shows us a simple fact, imprisoned or not these low lives will re offend, The only difference is that locking them up, takes them off the street for a while, and stops them offending until their return to the largely law abiding community, the exact same people that have to pay to support this scum throughout their lives.

Unfortunately we have a liberal middle and upper class who honestly believe that soft gloving them, will help them change their ways and become good citizens.......

The only time these carrer crims stop becoming a drag on society is when they are finally 6 foot under.

And if you think I have called this worng, this was back in 2010

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/8166391.THAMESMEAD_AND_ERITH__Motorcycle__ringers__are_jailed/

11. GaryS

GaryS Active Member

Thanks mate. He's moved to SE1 now but still uncomfortably close to us both. I ve just sent the officer in charge this link. I did a search for him before but the other 2 were the brains ( I use the term lightly ) and he was the heist man and last arrested. I'm going to ask WTF with this as an antecedent he's doing getting a slapped arse?! Too late for the law in this case tho. Thanks Gary

12. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

SE1 eh? No coincidence with the epidemic of bikes being nicked from the London Bridge area over the last 18 months then

13. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Was just my thoughts exactly

14. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

The law sucks at times!