My furthest distance yet

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mekanix, Dec 13, 2013.

1. mekanix

mekanix Active Member

Decided earlier this year to put myself on a health kick and train for a triathlon next year. Did 70 miles on the push bike, was hard going but well worth it. I was well impressed with myself when I got back :)

70miles.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

well it's better than jogging and killing your joints.

I like Swimming

Used to cycle a lot but since my hips went tits uo the last time I jumped on a bike this year and did just 5 miles it took me 4 weeks of strong painkillers to get back to normal

well done on the 70 miles you nutter lol

3. mekanix

mekanix Active Member

been doing a little bit of swimming too but can't get enough time on the pushbike.

nutter was one of the thoughts than ran through my mind when i got back, lol.

gonna attempt 80 on sunday :eek:

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

No one yet mentions LYCRA LEGGINGS !!!!

;)

5. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

You doing road or off road riding? We have got a great place near me for off road riding with some great dedicated trails

6. mekanix

mekanix Active Member

Road riding mate, although I have thought about getting myself a mountain bike and having a go at the off road stuff

7. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Good distance. What average speed did you do?

Am doing a sportive in Grantham in July, realised a few days after booking that I am at a wedding 2 days before :eek: Am only doing the short one (50miles) but they have a 67 and a 10 mile routes as well.
    Cycling Weekly The Arrow Sportive - UK Cycling Events

8. rocket

rocket Active Member

done a bit of cyclng few years ago but not recently. been getting problems with legs lately and could be a lot fitter so a few weeks ago i bought an indoor trainer to see what i can do. i,m only doing small distances a few evenings a week and its killing me but i will keep at it. thats a serious distance dude. well done!!

9. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Well done mekanix , keep it up and you will be fit as a fiddle [​IMG]

10. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I've done a few 50 milers before, struggled to walk when I got off. Going to start the 20 mile round trip to work on the road bike in January.

11. Julian

Julian Active Member

well done mate, wait til you do your first ton, great feeling of exhausted but smug :D besides which you can then eat whatever the hell you want as your metabolism is flat out

I have a couple of routes that take me up over the Quantocks and Exmoor down into deepest darkest Devon and back around up over the Blackdowns it's between 110 and 140 miles depending how the legs feel :rolleyes: do that twice a month and commute 26 miles a day 5 days a week .

Most people think i'm mad, personally I find when i'm fit and active it makes everything in life so much easier :)