My RR7 Racebike.....long story, 56k no chance!

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by CastrolCraig, Jan 24, 2011.

1. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

So here is my RR7 Racebike, Originally bought in September 2009, it was a wreck when purchased, forks, wheels & swingarm were mullered, but the frame was as straight as can be.

I purchased the neccasary parts to rebuild it and some initial upgrades, the usual rearsets, levers etc, and a full micron big bore sytem, it ran like this in the final Derby Pheonix round at cadwell park 2009 in this trim, completing all races mid pack, still with rubber brake hoses and the CAT intact!

However, in febuary 2010, the police knock at the door and ask to look at the bike, when they do so they inform me that the bike is actually stolen unrecovered, and they seize it and take it away.

A year on, december 2010, i receive a phone call out of the blue from the legal owners of the bike, Groupama insurance, regarding the claim to parts on the bike i require back before sale, they also ask if i would be interested in purchasing the bike back as a whole. i ask them to give me a price on this, and if it would be classed as a cat bike also. 27th december 2010 i receive a phone call stating they want 600 quid for the bike, and that it wont be recorded at all, 28th december i collect the bike from Co-Part salvage yard in wisbeach, and its in a right state, the cooling system had frozen solid at some point, the radiator was leaking, the bodywork was ruined, the bike had been run at some point during its enforced holiday including damage to the rear tyre that looks like a burnout, and the renthal grips are split.

fast forward to now, the bike is currently being refreshed and improved at the workshop, may many factory parts going on it, mostly sourced from some of my ex HM Plant Honda mates (i worked at Honda UK Racing between 2007-2009).

the current list......

Kit ECU

Chris Meyhew Blueprint

Ten Kate Velocity stacks

Flapper Valve mod

Pair valve blocked off

Standard loom shortened, lightened

HRC Rear Subframe

pipercross filter

HEL Lines

Grimeca kit fully floating wavy discs on dry wheels, standard on dry

Factory Brembo 18x19 Master Cylinder & Lightech remote span adjuster

SBS Dual Carbon Pads front & rear

MCT reworked forks, KTEC 25MM Internals, 5w oil, 9.5 springs

Ktec Modified Rear shock

one off blue flame can & link pipe, slighlty shorter can & wider than normal bore pipe

ANR Performance Superbike Bodywork

Power Commander 3, mapped by Trig

PP Tuning Rearsets,

PP Tuning Clutch Lever

PP Tuning Endurance Filler cap

PP tuning stand bobbins

R&G Crash Bungs

Venhill quick action throttle

Renthal grips

Renthal Sprockets

Tsubaki Pro chain

Factory Pirelli Supercorsas

and now the gratuitous pic whoring....

as it began....

[​IMG]

as it ran before being seized....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and so, just like star wars...the story continues...

2. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Both of those bike look the business mate, are you racing this season?

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

stunning mate