NC 500 26th Aug too 3rd Sept

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Jay Floyd, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Jay Floyd

Jay Floyd Active Member

So I am doing the NC 500 with a few mates from the 26th Aug to 3rd Sept. (edited ;) )
    Yes i am doing it on my blade and yes i know it maybe a killer too :eek: travelling from Cornwall too :eek::eek:

So next week is all about, taking off the Super Corsas and getting new M9RRs, also i'm fitting a USB for my Quadlock, Oil and Filter change along with a general good clean up and chain check/lube.

Any hints for tips peeps?

#1 Jay Floyd, Aug 18, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bladey

bladey Senior Member

On long treks in my earlier days (Napoleonic War times) I always carried a spare visor, other than that only the bloody obvious from me - ride safe mate and enjoy to the max.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Coda

Coda Active Member

Apart from learning the difference between ‘to’ and ‘too’ :p I’d say get a good dash cam if you don’t have one with the largest card it will support, or if you’re interested in uploading parts of your trip to YouTube to share with us maybe get a GoPro. These have built in GPS too (even the older cheaper ones) so they can record your track inside the video container. Useful if you want to review where you’ve been.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jay Floyd

Jay Floyd Active Member

Well that's the NC500 done and dusted and 2150 miles done on the blade and to be honest..... It wasn't that uncomfortable as we had frequent stops and the most mileage we did in a single day was 420.
    The weather was fantastic and the scenery was just out of this world! Roll on the next adventure.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Hi @Jay Floyd (and everyone else obviously) I’m about to start making arrangements to do this in early September this year. Any hints or tips for places to stay/or not etc greatly appreciated.

6. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I'm a bit late to the party here, but plan for a possible stop to get another rear tyre fitted on the way down as Scotlands roads are known to destroy a tyre in a week of touring.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1