New 2012 CBR1000RR Fireblade mentioned in MCN

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by dan.1moore1, May 11, 2011.

1. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Just picked up this weeks MCN

They are talking about leaked info that a revised Blade is gonna be announced in November this year

" A comprehensively overhauled and high-tech Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade will head a revamped Honda range for 2012"

They say it will have Traction Control and other advanced electronics and second generation C-ABS system

I was relieved they say the distinctive look will largely remain the same as iv just bought one however they say to expect

A smaller exhaust
    revised side fairing
    and modified headlights

Looking forward to seeing what they have come up with and wether or not i should trade up and get a 2012 model.

Has anybody seen leaked pics yet ? or know any more about the new release ?

2. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

First i've heard but now searching for pics!

3. dan.1moore1

Same here, gotta be pics online somewhere.

4. dan.1moore1

5. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Hope it don't look like the VFR1200, like they threatened to. That mother is fugly!!!

6. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

I also read this article. To be honest I'm not surprised the 2012 CBR1000RR will have the electronics. People want this on a £11k bike now. Not necessarily needed, but wanted!

7. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Found this on a V4 RVF1000

Honda is planning to revive the RVF model name as soon as 2012 with an all-new, 1000cc, V4-engined superbike called the RVF1000R. Just like the mid-nineties RVF750R—better known as the RC45—this new version will likely be a limited-production, race-oriented machine, positioned well above the CBR1000RR in the firm's range and serving as a new platform for production-based racing. That means not only World Superbike, but also MotoGP, where—beginning in 2012—privateer teams will be able to compete against the factory prototypes using production-based, 1000cc engines mounted in custom frames.
    Honda recently renewed its trademark on the RVF nameplate, and newly granted patents have now revealed some of the technology the firm plans to debut with this bike, including details regarding its VFR1200F-derived powerplant. One key difference explicitly referred to in the patent text is a more conventional DOHC cylinder head design in place of the VFR's Unicam arrangement. Whether those cams will be chain- or gear-driven like the RC45 remains unclear: “Rotational power is transmitted in a one-half speed reduction ratio from the crankshaft via a transmission unit to the intake-side and exhaust-side camshafts,” the patent states. “Transmission unit” could be either chain or gears—or a combination of both.

Patent drawings show the bottom end of the engine is basically unchanged, retaining the same unusual, RC212V-inspired cylinder layout with the front connecting rods located outboard of the rear rods on the crankshaft. Another noteworthy change is a new transmission with chain final drive. The VFR cylinder bore is already 81mm—conveniently, the maximum bore dimension allowed by 2012 FIM regulations governing production-based engines. Shortening the VFR’s stroke from 60.0mm to 48.5mm arrives at the 1000cc limit, and creates even more oversquare engine geometry than the quick-revving 80.0x49.7mm BMW S1000RR engine that is currently seen as the favorite for privateer use.

Just as the RVF750R was sold alongside the CBR—at nearly twice the price—the new RVF will be a high-end product aimed at delivering racing success. Honda is certain to continue fielding a pure prototype for its works MotoGP team, but as a firm that prides itself on making the best engines in the world—and the sole engine supplier in Moto2—it is no doubt keen to have privateers choosing its engines for MotoGP use, too. There's little chance any team would opt to use the current CBR engine, which is comprehensively outgunned by the BMW S1000RR and now the Kawasaki ZX-10R. This proposed RVF1000R puts them back in the game.

Read more: Honda RVF1000R | Coming Soon? - Motorcyclist magazine

8. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Anyone found anything more yet?

9. dan.1moore1

Nope.......No pics anywhere and apart from the article in MCN i cant find any more info on an updated blade anywhere either

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

11. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

V format aint gonna happen...

The market is not big enough at the moment for Honda to release a £20k plus machine...

Maybe in a couple of years. The CBR will kick ass im sure though.

12. dan.1moore1

From what MCN said was from an inside source, Im pretty sure its gonna be an updated version of the current blade with new sides and lights and all the electronics to match the ZX10 , S1000RR and the RSV4 putting the blade back on top.

Mcn also said that the blade will be they're flagship bike leading the unavailing of a few new and updated bikes in the range so maybe there will also be a V4 alternative? I agree with earlier posts thou that it is a bit early for this kind of sports bike

13. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

If it happens at all it'll probably be like the Desmosedici, destined for race stripping, film stars and museums.

14. bladebhoy

bladebhoy Active Member

i think a v4 fireblade is the next step, something to go head to head with the rsv4 in wsb. bring it on.

15. Blade nut

Blade nut Active Member

Thats correct, also will have gear shift indicator and new dash.

It wont look much different just sharper looking head lights and slightly different fairing.

Not sure about power, but I have seen pics from Honda head office in Japan.

100% no V4

16. dan.1moore1

Hopfully it will be in the bike show at the NEC to have a good look at

17. Si.

Si. God Like

18. dan.1moore1

Is that a pic mate ? I cant view it on a Mac

19. abv

abv Active Member

20. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

lets hope it does not look like that. One of the reasons I bought my blade was for the looks and that's horrid