New bike time I think

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jamesm09, Aug 31, 2014.

1. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Fancy a change now. I want to get rid of the gixxer 600 and get something newer and sorted with all the kit (WOW's etc) I dont want to convert a road bike again.

Not sure what to get though. You hear good things about the R6's and I do like riding 600's but im tempted by a rr6/rr7 blade.

The plan was to sell my rr6 blade and put that money into a trackbike and sell the gixxer for a deposit on a road bike. I was looking at the Triumph speed triples while I was on the isle of man but I cant decide. New road bike can hold off til march 2015.

Also I never sold a bike before so whens the best time to do it? Feb march?

So any advice with said bikes will help alot. Im in no rush.

Ill be sad to see the gixxer go. Great bike on track, always puts a smile on my face :)

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I'd defo use any cash from selling your existing bikes for a Tracker then buy a new road bike next March.

They's plenty of Zero % finance offers on new Bikes starting from £99 down.

Only last week I was offered a pre reg 14 Plate 2014 ZX10R for £10499 with £500 down and 36 monthly payments of £277!

U can afford that sort of payment plan can't ya James being a Master Blaster Mercedes Tech! ;)

3. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

It's the side jobs that pay for the bikes ssshhhhh

4. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Not bad though with a small deposit! There's definitely good deals to had.

5. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Personally found the r6 a lot of fun on short journeys, however on long ones got sick to death of working that gearbox to 16,500 rpm what felt like detonation point. Only my opinion tho

• Like Like x 1
  6. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

If I had an R6 it would be for trackdays. I don't think id last too long doing distance on one. The latest 600's are tiny!

7. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

Tiny is better James, at least thats what i tell the missus[​IMG]

8. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Had a test ride on a Truimph speed triple (not the 'r' but it did have the arrows) today. I love the thing. Completely different riding position to what I'm used to. Got 100m down the road and i felt right at home. Took it out for over an hour and had no aches and pains. It did have a gel seat on aswell.

I would have bought a speed triple R there and then but they only offered me £2000 for my 06 fireblade. Then the business manager came over and said they might be able to give me £3000. Started to feel a bit pressured into it so bolted. I got the 'this deal won't last forever speech' I thought the salesman was good there but I can't trade my blade in for £2-3k.

So I'm selling it privately. What sort of price should I be looking at for mine.

There's a load of pics on my profile.

9. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

It's how you use it that counts eh ;)