New Owner....Old Bike

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by t0m541, Apr 7, 2016.

1. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Last weekend I sold my old Suzuki RF600 to a lad, he got a good deal as I dropped a fair chunk off the asking price as I wanted it out of the man cave for other projects, plus I delivered it to him on my trailer, 70 mile round trip.
    Anyway, when he bought it he said that it was his first big road bike and had previously owned MX bikes.
    He had a test ride and was over the moon, paid the cash, deal done.

Later that same day he messages me saying he's stripped the bike to service it and asks a few questions.
    The next day I gets a message asking where the fuses are as he thinks hes blown the indicators doing wheelies.
    Then another message that the gear indicator has stopped working, followed by another saying he'd knocked the shift sensor off.

Then today..."was the clutch slipping when I had the bike"....is this guy taking the piss..
    Obviously been ragging the arse out of the old gal, then wonders why things are breaking..

I'm going to answer this last message about the clutch and explain that it was spot on when I had it then ignore the numpty...keeping all his messages though in case he gets a huff

Feel sorry for that old Suzuki, ploughed a lot of cash into upgrades and it would have been nice to go to a careful appreciative new owner...but hey ho....cash is in my pocket