New werid sound

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by andy levitt, Apr 4, 2012.

1. andy levitt

andy levitt Active Member

After having afew weeks of nice weather ive had had the CBR out alot recently. But ive nocited a new noise.

In any gear as you roll the throttle on at about 4500-5000 rpm theres a suddern buzz/rattle from the right hand side. If you steady the throttle at that rpm range it stays there. I have a Yoshimura R77 without a DB killer and with it still being noticable im alittle worryed.

Its due its 8,000 mile service in less than a 1000 miles time so ill tell the dealer about it. Just wondering if anyone has heard of/had this problem/noise.

After searching around on the web too i know that Honda in america have a extension warrenty on crackshaft issues due toi abnormal engine noises but mine seem different.

Hope anyone can help thanks.

2. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

Next time you notice it touch the screen and any other part of the fairing and see if it stops, ~It could lust be a fairing screw has come loose and is resonating

3. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Check all the bolts in that area

4. Bats

Bats Active Member

8,000 mile certain revs its due its service its re torque time engine mounts etc ;)

5. andy levitt

andy levitt Active Member

Sorry for the slow repsonse to your help. I had the 8,000 mile services and told them about this rattle. They test rode it after the service and said its fine.. I thought they were fobbing me off, but it appears to have gone.

Either retorqued engine mounts or my rad guard could of been the factor. So i had alot of worrying for no reason haha. Now its time to refit the Yoshi R77!

Thanks for your help though.

6. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

mate,
    had similiar noise on mine recently, after checking everything,the last bolt i checked
    was the one holding the db killer in my r77 yoshi !!!!!
    worth a check if it comes back after refitting zorst

7. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

They have had the fairing of for the service and probably tightened up the loose culprit