no more cbr600rr

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by garyauk, Apr 6, 2011.

1. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Hi all, I haven't been on here for a while as I'm now in hospital with a broken leg and fractured pelvis. I was out on my new loan bike from George whites (as my blade has gone back to have the alarm fixed) and I came upon a que of cars stationary as there had been an accident up the road. There was a central reservation and no where to go. As soon as there was a break in the reservation, a car tried to quickly turn around. This was just as I was filtering past! I hit him in th in the side of the car. Next thing I know was I was laying on the floor with my right leg at a very wierd angle. I now have a metal plate in my leg and can't move as I'm in so much pain........:angry:......you can bet in his statement that he says "I didn't see him"

2. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Holy sh1t dude thats not good at all I'm really sorry to hear this. If someone makes a decision like that when you are filtering through then you have zero chance to react. I'm always wary when filtering but if someone moved quickly then theres no chance of getting out of the way.

Get better soon.

3. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Shit, bad luck man!
    Be ready for an argument with the insurance because they're probably going to blame you :(

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

christ, sorry to hear the news

5. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Ahh, gutted dude - that sounds like a nightmare. Get well soon mate.

PS. As the insurance point above, you need to start thinking "He hit you" not you hit him. Any vehicle should check its mirrors before over taking or making a u turn. its his fault. but be ready for a fight. Did anyone take photo's..? police??

6. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

Yea get well soon mate..your be back riding in no time hopefully

Carl

7. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Hi all, I'm now out of hospital.....Its bloody amazing what they can do with you nowadays

I was a bit lucky at the scene as there was an off duty medic and a off duty policeman in the que of cars. They took control of everything. The medic was great and was at my side as soon as I hit the floor supporting my neck etc. The policeman (which he told me he was also a biker) dealt with everything else, witnesses, pictures, dealing with the driver of the car etc.

I don't know who these people are and probably never will, but I would like to say a BIG THANKYOU to them.
    So it looks like I'm going to miss this summer :-( but on the plus side, I still have my Blade in one piece

8. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

Lucky have the off duty cop there, if he has taken down all the witnesses details etc and you can contact him and get them then you could be in a better position..... that's unless they side with the car driver of course !!!!

9. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

I've spoken to the police today and the other driver has accepted full liability, obviously this is good news for me but it doesn't get me out on my bike and quicker