Now that was some impact!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by sinewave, May 1, 2014.

1. sinewave

sinewave God Like

2. marco s

marco s Active Member

3. M3NTALIST

M3NTALIST New Member

STB. That's horrible.

Andy B

4. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

is that real of one of those faked things to make people aware? looks crazy :eek:

5. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Think this was a road awareness thing car has hit a lamppost side ways and bike put in middle . That tank would of defo been a tad dented

• Like Like x 1
  6. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

A very similar accident happened here about 2-3 years ago though, it wasn't pretty!

7. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

And theres me saying I want a to part ex /sell my X5 for a small car.Might have to think about that one.

8. barry107

barry107 Active Member

Looks like the bike was a c-abs model! :D

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I think I seen this and am thinking the same about road awareness

10. T.C

T.C Elite Member

Many years ago I dealt with a crash on the A4 in Reading involving a Volvo 340 (gives my age away ;) ) and a CB750

Bike jumped the red light at high speed and hit the Volvo as it got to the centre of the junction having pulled away from the lights on green, just forward of the B pillar.

The impact was so hard, the bike actually sliced the car in two and the front came to rest about 30 yards away from the rear. Rider survived but sustained catastrophic injuries (Not surprisingly), but the biggest shoch was that the 2 front seat occupants walked away without a mark on them although understandably shocked, and theur 18 month old baby in the rear seat (strapped into the baby seat) was also unscathed.

The point I am making is that I have been to crashes where I have been expecting fatalities and there have not even been minor injuries, and others where I thought I was attending a damage only and it has ended up being a multiple fatality.

I dealt with one crash on Christmas day where dad and daughter were in the car. Car hit a lampost and both occupants seemed OK. Sat them down whilst we got the car sorted out, 10 minutes later they were both dead. Shock killed them.

Even crashes where the vehicles have been as damaged as the ones in the hoto above have in some cases been very minor injury wise.

I dealt with one crash where I thought the driver was just in shock, eyes open, no obvious change in palour (although it was dark) so I started doing first aid as i was the first traffic car on scene, so the usual, loosen tight clothing neck chest and waist, reassure the caualty, so there I am talking to te driver, telling him that the Ambulance was on its way, when it was pointed out to me that the driver had been dead for the best part of 30 minutes :rolleyes: Because his eyes were open, never gave it a thought to check his pulse, and the damage to the vehicle was so minimal, it never crossed my mind that it was a fatality. Broken neck kiled him.

To this day, I am just thankfull that I did not do mouth to mouth :( But you get the drift. Images can be deceptive.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Christ what a story Tony