Odd call from my dealer..

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Spygoat, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Today, as I am leaving my office, I get a call from my dealer at Honda. I let it go to voicemail as I was rushing to get home.
    "Tom, how's the bike? This is Don at Crossbay. Have you read about the 2019 1000RR?"
    I'm intrigued.
    "Anyway, give me a call, we have a pre-order opportunity you may want to check out."
    So I call them back once I'm at home. Seems they are taking deposits for the new Blade. I can't find any more information from any sources as to if this is an official Honda promotion and Don was very vague.

However, if they are, and there is an SP2 (or better yet, an SP2 Repsol) I believe I will be making a deposit.

Has anyone heard anything like this on your side of the pond?

2. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

No mate. The glory days of sports bikes literally flying out of the showrooms are long gone. We used hear news of next years bikes around this time of the year. As dealers still have loads of this years models to get rid of we won’t catch news of next years bike until around November or later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Well, you've got one up on us Mr Spy, OR, you have a very OVER ENTHUSIASTIC dealer/salesman.

I am scouring Google daily for 2019 news. (Yes, I have a shallow life:() Absolutely nothing save for re-hashed computer generated shots of media personnel's PERCEPTION of what might appear. Your Don might have been talking about this, which has done the rounds over here:
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2018/august/new-honda-fireblade-/

The EICMA show in Milan (end November) is usually a forerunner of new releases, but there's little about 2019 available at present. We have our own 'Motorcycle Live' exhibition near Birmingham in November which I regularly attend. I will do my utmost to secure some goss from the Honda stand!:)

An SP2 Repsol is an interesting thought. That would mean another helmet for me:D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards overanxious dealer since I've found nil about this anywhere. They are out of blades save one '18 ABS model, but if the '19 is all it's cracked up to be, I would def be an interested party. I've read all the gossip, including the V4 rumor that was shot down by most media outlets (Bike Social has a good write up with the computer generated images everyone seems to have).