Odd insurance glitch

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete H, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

I've just been on the Bennets site doing a quote and and a weird thing happened.

Filled out all the questions etc, got my quote, £115 with a £350 compulsory excess and a £100 voluntary, so I changed the voluntary to zero, it made no difference to the quote. Asked it to protect my NCD, and the quotes gone down to £106. Surely it should have gone up?

I've saved it for buying in a couple of weeks, but it doesn't seem right somehow. I'm wondering if the site is experiencing some sort of problem, or if bennets are having tech issues again.

A couple of years ago they issued me a a paper quote for £35 fully comp, when I phoned up to bite their arm off the woman said their system was generating wacky offers but they were honouring them anyway.

Might be a good time to try them :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Givover

Givover God Like

I had similar with my current insurance company .I did a go compare jobbie and answered the form very accurately and received the quote ,however when I spoke to the girl operator she said that I had never wrote on the form about the Yoshi can which I clearly did and she wanted 150 notes extra I was that cheesed I got her down by 75 notes and just paid it but never again .

3. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Same happened with me and bennets, I have always found them really expensive but then this year I did the same as you and ended up fully comp for something silly like £89 !!
    Bought there and then and had no issues

4. raphael

raphael Elite Member

always gos the other way for me lol! will try them i think

5. abv

abv Active Member

Double check the paper work.

I've been given great quotes in the past but when I've checked they've made up stuff like locks, alarms or trackers I haven't got and left off claims I've declared.
    This has happened more than once.

The salesman gets his sale and nobody notices......

until you need to claim.

#5 abv, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  6. Fezza

Fezza Active Member

Can't believe bennetts haven't fixed that glitch! I was 22, license for 2 years on a Hayabusa, full comp, £0 excess........

.....£16!!!!!

Just kept changing all the options and it kept coming down! Haven't been able to find the glitch again since :(