OEM exhaust differences ?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by CBRmetasys, Oct 8, 2024.

1. CBRmetasys

CBRmetasys New Member

I have a 09 C-ABS , I have the original exhaust fitted .
    I notice a mate who has a 2011/12 C-ABS 1000rr has an Oem exhaust also . However his has a nice grille / cover attached . Where as mine does not.

My question is , are the 2009 and 2011/12 exhaust ( tail pipe section ) the same specs ie the internals , they look identical apart from the grill / cover on the newer model .

Both exhaust have the 02 sensor fitted in the same place also on the tail pipe section

Do they both have a cat fitted in the tail pipe section?

I have also looked on Honda parts online and it seems even though they look same sizes they have different part numbers .
    Any help or advice appreciated
    Thanks

#1 CBRmetasys, Oct 8, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I know they sometimes change the size of the connection pipework, so if you can check that it is the same its worth a try, I bought a standard 2014 good cond for £25 as a spare, so even if it does not fit it's not the end of the world if you can get one cheap, someone else may know better, the disagree vote would probably been more helpful with an explanation?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1