Old Rider

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Carl, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I was at Woody's bike meet Monday evening when a brand new HRC Blade parked next to me, steeling my thunder more like, and the chap that got off was about 5'2" and must have been in his seventies? Isn't that great to see I said to the wife, yes you might get a new bike when your that age too. Thats not what I ment! This is a hobby that has no age limits and as long as you can ride why not.

Good on him I say.

Ps If he read the forum logo on my screen he may now be reading this, so positive comments only please.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TonyBlue

TonyBlue Active Member

That's three legged Bob, he is actually 29 but has an extremely active sex life...

3. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I better save it for the weekends if thats what it does to you?

4. fisher

fisher Active Member

There s few guys around my way that are that age, watching them get off their bikes is very funny, I reckon they have all had a new hip or knee operation at some point.

Good on em though, I hope I can still ride at their age

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

I had a chat with a Gentleman in his 70's who was parked up at my local meeting spot on a red RR-8. He had fitted high rise kinda touring bars which he said he custom fitted with parts from a motocross bike, He also had a John Mcguiness very high bubble screen with an extra extender on top which he said was also custom made.

He said with the high rise bars he is sat up straight and gets no back ache and with the super high screen he gets no turbulence at all and said he tours the uk in his retirement on the best bike he has ever owned.

I asked why he didn't just get a tourer and he said " well it wouldn't be a blade would it " I thought RESPECT fella . and wished him a safe journey.

Iv always pictured my self on a harley when I'm retired and can't bend over a super bike but after meeting him i will be modding and keeping up with technology lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Lol, we'll all be out with our zimmerblades !!

• Like Like x 1