One bottle of wine down....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stu, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Stu

Stu Active Member

...and my 1st can of strongbow now nestled happily in my tum :D

I think that tomorrow I may be a bit off colour.

I've not visited the forum for a while and I miss you guys. I really want to get out on the bike but it's pissing down. And I've had some alcyhol so it's probably not a good idea.

So, since the last time I was on what's happened to my life (if anyone really cares - stuff you if you don't you don't need to keep reading)? Well, I got an R&G tail tidy fitted to the blade and she looks fckuing awesome. I need to get out and find somewhere nice and photogenic to take some snaps. But more about the bike in a little while....

I'm still being made redundant at the end of the month, but I've got an interview lined up - my 1st in 15 years so I'm bricking it, but it should be interesting. If I don't get it though it's not the end of the world, I'll just try again.

So, back to the bike......I need to cheer myself up a bit and have decided that the best way to do that is spend some of my redundancy payment on myself (and Mrs Stu - if she's listening ;)) and I think that there are 2 more things that I'd love for the blade. 1) a body colour (burgundy/candy red) long hugger. Where the hell do I get one I can't find one anywhere but I've seen them so I know that they exist. 2) A new (here it comes) exhaust. I know that this is a divisive thing but I can't decide which one I like the best. I've not been around any other modded blades so I've no idea how good they look and sound in the flesh. HELP!!! I really like the Yoshi ones and the TM ones (but I've heard bad things about them). Oh and the Akra ones are nice too. Bollox - I've no idea. Maybe I should start a poll.
    Oh, and 3) New tyres. But there are enough threads on that so I won't bother asking.

My can is empty. I need another.

2. just_me _and _me _bike

Good evening and good luck with the interview, sure its just a breeze :)

Powerbronze do really good huggers, so check them out

Exhaust, id recommend racefit grolwer if u like noise exp, but yoshior akro are good to

Tyres, gorra be michelin pilot pures of road 3

Weather - this is england so we r fooked :p

3. sinewave

sinewave God Like

#3 sinewave, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Stu

Stu Active Member

I've heard some dodgy things about powerbronze, so I whilst I appreciate the suggestion, I think that I'll be steering clear.

5. just_me _and _me _bike

Mines black in colour n fits straight as anything, build quality looks good to me, maybe thye have improved the materials??

6. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Think the only company to have the burgundy red colour coded hugged is Honda themselves mate!........Upon checking the Honda parts catalogue they don't list a candy hunger only the rear seat cowl, the only colours Honda do is winning red, sunbeam white, graphite black, glory red, and a carbon fibre unit!

This would mean that any candy red huggers out there in circulation have in fact been painted to match the bike rather than bought that way.

The burgundy red scheme was only used for the first year of production AFAIK and most manufacturers of huggers tend to only make black plastic products but suppose these could just as easily to painted to the correct colour.

#7 ShinySideUp, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  7. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stu

Stu Active Member

BD - Nice finds. Thanks for the interview links, but more importantly (;)) thanks for the links for the huggers. Anyone had any dealings with these guys? I'll be honest - I didn't think to look overseas, I tend to prefix all of my searches with 'UK'.

Shiney - yes, that's what I thought too which is why I was having so many problems finding one. Thanks for spending the time to check :)