One of the reasons why Richard still owes me payback

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I thought you might appreciate this:
    I was just looking for something in my computer and just found a copy of a wind up letter I wrote to my old mate Richard back in 1999 supposedly from his old girlfriend who dumped him out of the blue and moved to Yorkshire. I posted in when I was in Leeds and years after they split up. I just texted Richard and said I had just found this, I got a reply that just said "Cnut, you keep looking over your shoulder pal, revenge is a dish best served cold"

13 April 1999

Dear Richard

I hope this letter finds you well. You have been very difficult to track down, and it was only last week that I got this address, I hope it’s the right one. I know all this will probably come as a shock to you, and I do apologise. I had hoped that it would never come to this.
    I sometimes wonder if you think about me, I certainly think about you often, in fact everytime I look at my daughter, she reminds me of you very much. But I resolved long ago never to tell you, and although it would have been wonderful if it had worked out, I knew then that it wouldn’t.
    What I am trying to say is, Richard, that you have a daughter. I named her Ricky after you. She’s a wonderful little girl. She is funny and charming. She’s doing fairly well at school, although I do feel that she has missed out on having a proper father figure. I am separated from my husband now, the marriage didn’t end very happily and I feel that Ricky has taken this quite hard, she’s very protective of me.
    The reason I am writing is that my husband left us with a lot of gambling debts, so we had to sell the house, and I am staying with relatives. I am hoping to move back to Sutton in the near future.
    I’m sure it will take you some time to adjust to this situation, which is why I wrote instead of calling, and I know this is a lot to ask, but if you could help out a little with some of the costs for Ricky, e.g. New school uniform etc, I’d be most grateful. I also hope that in time you could get to know her. She often asks who her real father is and I am sure it would do her the world of good to have a decent father figure.
    I know this will come as a shock, so naturally I will take a couple weeks before I contact you again. I hope I did the right thing in not telling you at the time, indeed if it wasn’t for the situation I now find myself in, you wouldn’t know at all.
    Please don’t be angry with my decision, I thought it would be best for all of us.

With love.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Glad I dont have mates like you!! Funny as fcuk tho.....lol.

3. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Nasty bar-steward. :D

4. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

He still talks to you then!

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I have to say I agree with Richard. Not only are you a Cnut, you may even be...

[​IMG]

6. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

Wow he let you walk away after that, I suppose he must have just felt relieved that it was a wind up. Its a cracker tho

7. Si.

Si. God Like

Forkinell dude!! Class wind up, but I would get you back good and proper for that one!! Hahaha!!!

8. vino

vino New Member

FoC,

That is straight out the toppest of top draw wind ups! What we need to know is:

A) How long did you leave it before telling him it was a wind up?
    2) What was his reaction?

I did something slightly similar to a mate when we were 18. He shagged the rough bird that lived opposite me under a tree in the park in the rain, one night after a party when we were 18.....and was a fool & didn't wrap his tool.

4 weeks later there were 3 cars full of 18 year old lads on the way to a rave. We stopped at the services, and (conspiring with another mate) faked a call from my Mum. With him in ear shot I repeated "What do you mean Kate's Mum has been over in tears? *pause for effect* What does 3 weeks late mean? Pregnant? Kate? Won't say who the father is? Etc. etc."

Suffice to say said mate was panicking - especially with 11 other lads that were in on the wind up giving him grief & laughing. It was only when he was sat on the forecourt, crying in to his hands that his life was over, I fessed up.

He punched me in the head, then saw the funny side.....then spiked my can of Red Stripe later that night.

• Like Like x 2