One of them rides today.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by BoroRich, Aug 10, 2013.

1. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

....nothing was going right.

Nearly had an off when I was tipping into a roundabout. Some helpful wagon had dropped some chunks of Dolomite and my front wheel hit one. Sent me into a near highside as the front wheel skipped, then bit. Shocked the life out of me.

Then a little later I was crossing a roundabout at a very sedate pace when a guy (who was actually looking at me!!) decided to pull out in front of me. I wasn't going quick so stopping wasn't that hairy but it just beggared belief. I wasn't indicating left or right. Where do these people get licences?

2. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Happens too often doesn't it....

I parked myself on the roundabout where there was a huge diesel spill to stop my brother coming round and binning it. As he stood the bike up to avoid me his front wheel had just started to slip. So close!

• Like Like x 1
  3. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I was just shocked by the fact that I didn't even see the dolomite. There was just a thump and the bike skipped and jolted upright. Luckily I wasn't going that quick.

4. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Yeah any feeling of losing the front end is awful and can really put you off your ride! Glad you rode it off ok mate ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Strange how you get days like that, good job your Ok.

I had a ride a couple of weeks ago where I nearly got hit three times by cars pulling out of junctions after having only travelled a mile. Apart from the fact it was scary as they were so close to hitting me I was also feeling more than a little p....ed off.

I decided I was probably not in the right frame of mind for a blast and headed back home. If a fourth person had pulled out on me I might well have lost the plot. Went out about three hours later and had a great run.

Had a great ride Thursday but one moment of lapsed concentration nearly caught me out when i misjudged the sharpness of a bend on a road I did not know.

I think it is healthy sometimes to have a reminder of just how dangerous biking is, as long as you don't get hurt of course.

• Like Like x 2