Oops!!!!!

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Fanblade1, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Fanblade1

Fanblade1 New Member

Fitted new rearsets with reverse shift, felt better until today on the start finish straight at snetterton when I went from second to third to fourth all at redline, then forgot and went up on the gear lever not down and selecting third again at appx 145mph, rear locked and squirmed, clutch in and back to fourth, phew, now have a very very noisy and rattly 3rd gear, cassette out tomorrow for a look after work !!

2. Scott

Scott Active Member

Oh dear I did the same but swapped it back after first session. Was there today too what group were u in

3. Fanblade1

Fanblade1 New Member

Went in evening fast group after work, prefer the setup just need to remember I've done it !!!!!!!!

4. Scott

Scott Active Member

Oh I was in the day. Good luck with the box

5. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

The r6 I brought to race had race setup I banged it down on the straight aswell but only from 4th th 3rd she is ok but changed to normal shift as I was not concentrating on anything except my foot ha ha

6. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Yeah, Fek that, Road shift all day long.

There's no real need for it unless you are competing and even then quite a few Racers still prefer Road shift

7. jimglasgow

jimglasgow Member

daft question,,,,,, remember im no technical...would this happen with the slipper clutch on the new blade...was just wondering

8. glynn

glynn Member

I remember my first bike, dropped down gears from about a ton and rear locked up, left a big black line down road and nearly threw me off. Never ever will I do that again, I shit my pants that day.

9. jimglasgow

jimglasgow Member

is someone going to tell me :)

10. scooby

scooby Elite Member

there are a few yea,but i'd say 90% use race shift on track,wether your racing or just t/daying.it it has several benfits,a more positive gear change when hard on acceleration,and easier to change up when the bikes leant over.

you usually only make the mistake once when youv'e changed set up,and if you have a slipper fitted,saves the engine imploding on it's self.

11. scooby

scooby Elite Member

yes,a slipper will stop the rear locking and also stop any damage to the internals (as long as it's working as it should)

12. jimglasgow

jimglasgow Member

Cheers Scooby! Thought that was the case with the slipper. Having had a BMW K1300s with a diff, use to be terrible for locking up when you dropped gears always s..t myself

13. phantom

phantom Active Member

road shift feels all wrong once you are used to reverse shift.
    im never going back....and no more false neutrals

14. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

I did one race with road shift, then tried my mates R6 with race shift for one race meeting and would not go back to road shift for racing at all. Race shift is much more precise and does not upset the bike balance anywhere near as much when you are on the power coming out of bends. Don't be fooled by slipper clutches that are fitted as standard, they are ok but they are no where near as good as Sigma ones. Don't rely on it thinking it will save the day.