oulton park.25th april-2nd,9th+23rd May

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by scooby, Apr 14, 2012.

1. scooby

scooby Elite Member

if anyone else is on these dates i'll be there sunning myself between sessions :)

2. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Eh up Lancashire lad! I'll be there on the 25th, coming from Southport so should only take an hour or so. Not done a trackday for about 3 or 4 years now and wanted to get in the inters but they only had novice and advanced left so gone for advanced. I've got some new Corsa Rossos coming as I couldn't get hold of any Racetecs or Super Corsas, dealer said there was a shortage of them due to race season getting underway.
    Hope you're right about the weather cos I've just seen next weeks and it's turning wet and windy! I take it you'll be running the bike pictured in your post, if not I'll just look for the dude sat in a deckchair with shades on :cool:

3. scooby

scooby Elite Member

no thats my 07 bike,on an 09 now.

i always try to get around garage 20-22 so if your there early enough jump in.also for tyres,if you need any good scrubs let me know,my m8 has a load coming from the brands bsb meeting.and can also get new rubber for a decent price (about £220-240 i think) for a set of tecs/corsa's.

4. And7rp2

And7rp2 Elite Member

scooby,
    we are doing the 9th may, rothmans honda n black/white blades n prob gixerk6.
    hope the weathers good 'all' day this time :)

5. kev1382

kev1382 Active Member

im trying for the 2nd....my first track day on the blade since rebuilding it after totaling it on the road last year..all black 2006

6. scooby

scooby Elite Member

hi,checked my gearing,and i found that 15/42-44 worked fine in most cases.

tbh i'd be a bit dubious about dropping 2 off the front,did it once a few years ago,with +2 on the rear and it was very hard to pin the the throttle and keep the front down,especially at somewhere like oulton.

deers leap
    cley hill
    hill top
    druids

even coming out turn 1 if your on it enough.

all make a light front end "interesting".

deffo -1 on the front,then for me no more than 2 on the rear.i've got a 14 that your more than welcome to borrow to see how it feels if you like.

7. bongo

bongo Active Member

Eh up Scoob! I'll be there on 9th hopefully. Racing there just after that so want to get some time there to get a setup as i've not been there in the dry for over a year!

8. scooby

scooby Elite Member

coolio,be nice if you slowed down for a session so i can tag on the back to pick up a few tips....

9. bongo

bongo Active Member

Just booked 9th with a couple of lads Scoob. You know Ryan Peters?? Orange R6 i was with at Donny the other week, the tall dude. Owns Moto-racespares.

10. scooby

scooby Elite Member

no dont know him,i guess another rider to make me feel inferior :eek:

see you there.

weathers looking mixed for wednesday but it'll still be fun :)

11. bongo

bongo Active Member

I'm still going on 9th but i'm gonna have to leave a bit earlier, maybe miss the last session, to drive to Assen to spanner for my mate Ryan at the second round of the Ducati 848 cup. I guess thats worth missing a session for!

12. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Well, total washout at Oulton today! Don't do tracks in the wet so that's £140 up the scutter. Could've have been a lot more expensive though :rolleyes:

13. scooby

scooby Elite Member

yea wasn't the best day,although we still got out and had a bit of fun.white wheels and all this rain don't go together lol

there again next week :)

14. bongo

bongo Active Member

Not long now boyo!! I'm wide awake in Ryans. His cats have ruined me and i can't sleep now! Gonna be super tired all day!! Can't wait though!!!!

15. scooby

scooby Elite Member

had a walk dowen to the lower garages and couldn't see you?i was in with andy rouse,his day didn't go well.......

how you get on? bit mixed weather wise again!!!

16. bongo

bongo Active Member

Hiya mate, not the best day either! I know about Rouseys excitement, then third session, the red flag was my mate who crashed over clay hill and broke his wrist and back. I only got out for the first 3 sessions, but had some good times before i stopped. After sorting everything with him i went at 3pm to Assen. Busy day really!

17. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Bad day for few I think Bongo, the lad I get scrubs off broke his back, leg and dislocated his shoulder.