Paypal...Funny, But Quite Serious Really

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by t0m541, Aug 23, 2014.

1. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

Checking through my emails this morning and going through the spam box I came across an important message from Paypal regarding my account...
    Screenshot-3.jpg

Looks fairly genuine at first glance doesn't it ?
    But I'm a naturally suspicious person when it comes to this kind of thing, so before I click on the inviting link to confirm my details, I did this..
    Screenshot-4.jpg

What that bunch of data is at the top of the email is, is the information about who sent the mail to you or where the link goes to..
    You can access this by looking in you email programs settings and finding the "headers" setting and enabling the "show all" or similar wording...

If you look close, the link is actually to some random "data @ rub.cadinor . com....:eek:

Now re-read the email...notice the grammar mistakes and poor sentence structure....nice try scammers... LOL

But seriously....look out for stuff like this...if in doubt...check the headers :)

2. F1reblade

F1reblade Active Member

I'd spot that straight away given how they spell customer in the first few words.

3. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I had so many of these lately, PayPal, banks, Amazon etc
    Wonder how many people do actually fool for, it bet it's a lot

4. scooby

scooby Elite Member

the fact they don't use your name is the biggest clue.

5. Toth

Toth New Member

I keep getting something similar but it rambles on about having spent more than the maximum aloud without linking to an account requests card details so that they can make a SMALL charge to my account to prove who I say I am.....again looks very good but SCAM springs to mind so they can FRO;)

6. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

I know, but some people just hurry through life, never properly reading things, just scanning the page, spelling mistake can be easy to miss.
    I'm sure you will have seen that paragraph that was doing the rounds where the words have their letters jumbled but it could still be read as our brains just used certain letters to ascertain the words.
    Customer easily slips under the radar at a glance, if someone is a heavy Paypal user then they are very likely to click the link.