Paypal

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dave d, Mar 24, 2015.

1. dave d

dave d Elite Member

How do I find my paypal name? Does someone need it to pay me? I have only used it to pay for stuff never vto receive money have just spent an hour resetting my password been that long since I used it. Plus whose good to post a leather jacket

2. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Dave, all you need to give someone is the email address that's registered to your PayPal account ie the email you use to login to the PayPal system job done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Marion

Marion Well-Known Member

Yep your log in paypal e mail address is all you need.
    If someone is paying for your jacket ?? Get them to send it as a gift then you won't pay the paypal fees . I tend to use Hermes for parcels etc.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. deano69

deano69 New Member

Just need your email address..

5. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I use MyHermes or Collectplus.co.uk then just drop it into their local partner shop. No hanging around for couriers!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Julian

Julian Active Member

Interparcel will give you quotes from multiple courier companies I usually use UPS

7. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Just avoid Parcel Monkey. They just use the main companies and charge you accordingly. Very unreliable. The number of times I have waited in all day and at 7 or 8pm been ranting as it hasn't been delivered.
    I thought I'd just use Paisley Freight a few months ago for a set of alloy wheels and guess what, it was delivered by one of the national regulars like City Link or whoever it was at the time. Still poor service though. The problem is companies like CL, DHL etc are promising the earth then failing. Why not give a realistic target and be more specific like morning or afternoon etc it would be better for everyone. Understandable why CL went to the wall!

8. dave d

dave d Elite Member

So this guy says hes paid late last night so I have checked my paypal account but its not showing any activity is this correct? Will I have to go to my bank and get a balance/statement?

9. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

If he's paid you via paypal then the email attached to that account should have had an email informing you of the payment. Nothing to do with your bank until you elect to move it across from paypal to the bank on your paypal account.

10. dave d

dave d Elite Member

just checked "Recent activity" and nothing showing! Any ideas?

11. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Have you sold it via eBay? Sometimes they will hold the money for a certain time (can't remember why now) especially for new sellers. If it is eBay activity check the listing and see if it is marked as paid. Also check the registered paypal address with eBay is the same and that there are no spelling mistakes. It could be in someone else's account!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. dave d

dave d Elite Member

no via bike bay (facebook) have rung paypal and they say same check my email address was correct have messaged him waiting for him to get back to me.

13. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

It's not a problem if he has paid the wrong address. If it doesn't get claimed within a certain time will get refunded. It's his problem anyway not yours. You still have the jacket.

14. dave d

dave d Elite Member

So heres the conclusion most people are f...ing timewasters (not on here I hasten to add) 1st guy says Tuesday he will have it so I arse about resurrecting my paypal see post 1 then I message him Wednesday twice and he never gets back to me so I readvertise it Thursday and another knobhead gets in touch asking is it still available etc so after a few messages guy says hes paid so l go thru all the rigmarole of phoning paypal asking you guys on here trying to track this payment down thinking it may be summat I have done wrong (never used paypal to receive money) so I message this guy 3 times check my e mail addy and he never gets back to me so I can only conclude that he never paid cos if someone told me thet hadn't received £75 I would work with them wanting to find out what had happened to it. Jeez to just wanna sell a jacket but f..ck me what a ballache!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

I have bought and sold gear on this forum via PayPal . Never had any issues. When they pay for goods via PayPal the transaction is usually instant ; you receive an email from PayPal informing you how much you have paid or received. If don't recieve the email the beggars have NOT paid.