Piston

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by pateli, Mar 22, 2014.

1. pateli

pateli Active Member

Hi guys DONT LAUGH an elderly friend asked me to have a look at his little Bolt on Cyclemotor which was out of breath. I dismantled the little fellow (engine) and found two broken piston rings. I have Tried without sucess to get Rings or even Piston and Rings.Does anyone know where i can get parts, The Engine Is a Bernardi Morri or Mozzi motor made in Bologna Italy it has a European Patent Number 82830113 5.It also says Electronic on engine cover. I would love to get the Old Boy Motoring again as he loves riding it around.I tried a cyclemotor Club but they could not help. Anyone got any contacts in Italy. The piston is a two ring Piston 34mm in Dia and one side is 45mm long the opposite is 41mm long the gudgeon pin is 10mm

#1 pateli, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  2. Si.

Si. God Like

Great stuff for helping the old boy out mate..sorry i can't help, maybe someone on here who can?

3. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

There use to be a bloke church crookham way that could get hold of any piston anyone wanted but can't remember the company name, I'm sure Arthur knows it

4. pateli

pateli Active Member

Thanks Guys I am afraid I dont know Arthur Still living in hope that someone somewhere can help.

5. Tim

Tim Member

6. pateli

pateli Active Member

Me again Lads Tried Grampian there smallest Piston is 39mm I need 34mm. I have sent Email to Dept of Industry in Bologna Italy Where engine was made to see if they can help. Will keep you posted and if anyone has any other suggestions they would be welcome.

7. pateli

pateli Active Member

Right lads thanks to all who replied I eventually tracked down Rings at Gardenhire Services for a fiver each. Now for the stupid bit. I did not mark piston when I removed it and dont remember which way round it goes as there are no marks or arrow on it. Anyone know which way round it goes one side of skirt is shorter than the other which is exhaust or inlet. I am not used to smokers.

8. Tim

Tim Member

I'm guessing short to the inlet instead of transfer ports? post a picture

9. pateli

pateli Active Member

S8000883.jpg I am trying to provide picture so here goes I hope it appears

10. BikersDiscountStore

BikersDiscountStore Active Member

The piston ring pegs on stinkwheel pistons are usually toward the rear if it helps.

11. Tim

Tim Member

I think the short cleaner side is in let and coked up side is exhaust

12. pateli

pateli Active Member

Thanks Tim that makes Sense, I am waiting fo delivery of the new rings. I paid £16 PP on rings on Fri 28 and still not got them. I ordered parts from Glasgow at same time £3.20 PP and got them on Mon last.

13. pateli

pateli Active Member

Got my rings eventually took 7 days at a cost of £17 (A rip off) Engine on Bench assembled only thing now is to attach it to the Bicycle and hope for the best. I will post results.

#13 pateli, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014