pocket tools.....recs?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Si., Jan 15, 2013.

1. Si.

Si. God Like

I`ve been looking at Leatherman and Victorinox pocket tools...anyone use them? Recommendations for which one?

Im after one with pliers, screwdrivers, corkscrew and one that can fit hex bits for fairings and maybe a spanner like attachment for battery bolts and other bolts on the bike?

cheers!

2. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I carry a Gerber Multi Plier 600 in the back of my bike but if I had my choice again I'm not sure if I'd buy it. The Leathermans seem better finished but they are more expensive. Having said that I do like the fact that you can deploy the Gerber's pliers with a flick of the wrist.

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I too like the Leatherman. The build is superb. But the one I cannot do without is my Victorinox Swiss Army Cyber Tool. It's the only tool I carry when I install kit and does everything I need to put together a PC or a printer.

4. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

I sell both Leatherman and Gerber and agree that Leatherman do have a slightly higher build quality, but we sell more Gerber. Can't go wrong with either really. Let me know if you need a price and i shall see what I can do.

5. Si.

Si. God Like

Cheers Robin. Can you recommend one with the above tools? maybe a socket bit that i can use some of my socket set (if this exists), but definitely strong pliers to use as a spanner ??? hex bit to undo fairing bolts etc?

Thanks mate.

6. Si.

Si. God Like

Oh, and a corkscrew for deffo, for my Merlot.

• Like Like x 2
  7. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

Gerber under the seat for me as well plus a very nifty mini socket set c/o Teng Tools....both very handy

8. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Had my leatherman for years, lives in the kit car or bike. Bought from costco I think it's a charge leatherman. Cost me about £60 and they still do them at Costco

9. robinh73

I shall have a look at the range tomorrow when back in work and let you know. Have a look at the Gerber Diesel or Multi Tool 600 Multi-Plier 600 - Pro Scout Needlenose Stainless, Sheath
    Will check out Leatherman and what we can get also tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  10. robinh73

Just had a quick look and the Gerber Multi Plier 600 Pro Scout seems to be the most versatile. I can do these for £65. Only downside is that I would have to order them in and currently our supplier is out of stock, so this would normally mean a wait of about 10 days or so. The Leatherman range isn't as complete from the point of view of what we can get, so would be happier quoting on just Gerber.