Portable vaccum for cleaning the car

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Save me getting out the house vacuum and extension lead can anyone recommend a good cordless hand vacuum to use when you don't want to use a large full size vacuum.

Any recommendations and i'm not talking about all singing expensive stuff just just something that can live in the garage and be used on the cars as well as the garage

Or bad idea as all cordless hand vacuums are rubbish?

2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I find them rubbish mate, I bought a 2nd hand old model stand up dyson that lives in the garage cost me about 30 quid I clean the car and the garage with it

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Me too. Inherited the old Vax wet and dry drum vacuum when we got Dyson'd up. The cable blew so I replaced it with 30 metres of new so I could plug it in at one end of the house and hoover it all in one go. It does my workshop, garage, cars and dust extraction for my router and table saw. Plus, because it uses the hose I can get it into all the important little places in the car, which a lumpy portable is less likely to reach.

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I was hoping there was bound to be something good and handheld so easy to use then dragging a big vacuum along :(

5. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

The only hand held I have ever seen that's any good is the dyson but its big money and unless you can Hoover the cars in 8 mins you will need spare batteries too

• Like Like x 1
  6. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Have always used the household vac for the car or the local polish car wash :)

7. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

I use the kids. Been one of the eldest's jobs to vacuum the wife's car for ages now. Mine I just don't bother with:D

8. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

I've got the Dyson cordless Costco UK - Dyson DC35 Complete + Accessories but the animal version.. battery last ages and you can put it on normal power or super duper power for the tough stuff.. even the brush attachment spins so its the real deal..

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Sounds good Gilesy but more than I wanted to pay. Well looks like i'm keeping with the household Vac for now and thanks for the input all

10. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Buy a 2200W Vac whilst U still can, they been banned since the 1st of September!

Miele rule, end of! :cool: