Power Commander V failure :frusty: and Single Seat Cover rub :frusty:

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Jamiestrada, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Not having a good week :(

Hi there I have been running a PCV on my 2010 cbr1000rr for 3 months, whilst riding the bike it suddenly dropped a cylinder, I had a complete loss of power with thick white smoke exiting the exhaust.

I pulled over stopped and switched off the engine, I tried to restart the bike but the bike would not start at all ?

I pushed the bike to the nearest petrol station (1.5 miles) where I attempted to start it one more time with the same result, it would not start.

I then removed the dynojet PCV from the OE harness to see if the PCV was the problem, the bike started first time with the PCV removed.

I went to the honda dealer I bought it from and they want to test the bike for fault codes etc, and fit the now removed PCV to see if the problem is still there. So its with them tommorow.

Has anyone else had problems at all with there PCV?

Also they are looking at the seat cowl as the single seat cover is rubbing the paint of the rear seat unit, anyone else had this.

Not having a good week, sick of problems :suicide:

2. Bat Fastard

Bat Fastard Active Member

Deleted. X

#2 Bat Fastard, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  3. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

I can't see how a power commander could cause this problem. White smoke from the exhaust has got to be burning oil. And the reason it started ok when you disconnected the pcv was because the engine had cooled down. I don't want to alarm you but it doesn't sound good. Fingers crossed that everything is ok

4. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

IMO it's deffo the box, bit off topic but I had a diesel tuning box on my car and it flew! But within 6 months warning lights ,fault codes, and the turbo went. So stuff that took it off and 3 years later car has never flickered once! Now that tells me something. Am sure lads will swear by them but after my experience it's staying standard!

5. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

please use the other thread guys for some reason it was duplicated when I posted it :)

I have replied in the other thread :)