Power Commander V questions?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by GSP, May 28, 2011.

1. GSP

GSP Active Member

I've not got an exhaust yet mainly because I can't figure out which one to get, however a local shop is selling the PCV for £278 and they say this includes the o2 eliminator.

So I've got a couple of questions as I've never had one before...

1) what does the o2 eliminator look like so that I can check it is actually included?

2) is a PCV and o2 eliminator actually worth it without other stuff like exhaust and filter?

3) is it easy to fit, I've installed a larger fuel tank on a hypermotard in the past so I'm fairly competent.

Thanks

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

There is a stock exhaust map for the PCV , Im guessing it sorts the flat spot out and improves low range. Eliminating the O2 circuit will improve performance aswell and when you decide on a pipe all you gotta do is download the map or have one tuned and your away to go.

I found it pretty easy to fit however my bike is brand new so the connectors came apart easy , My mates 4yr old gixxer was a pig to disconnect the connectors

the tank comes off easy enough, i think it took me 45 mins /1 hour to install mine

3. GSP

GSP Active Member

It's pretty much brand new so should all come apart fine.

I guess I can leave the o2 sensor in the original can with the o2 eliminator fitted? As I presume it just removes the circuit so the sensor won't be working?

Looking forwards to seeing the difference as everyone seems to rate them, I normally just stick a can on and away you go.

4. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

Get it done. For that price it's cheap and you will notice the bike is much smoother and has better power delivery etc and if you do get a new pipe it will benefit you even more

5. dan.1moore1

Apparently the PCV can not control the lower range when the sensor is active, The main reason for removing it is so that the PCV can control the entire range. If your connecting the PCV then its only 1 more connecter right next to them.

6. skinso

skinso Active Member

thinking of getting 1 myself, loads on ebay for £270, ive a yoshi can fitted and a bmc race filter which i still have to put in

7. GSP

GSP Active Member

I'm always a bit careful with eBay... You never know what your going to get. For £8 more you can get it from a well know chain of shops with premises and a phone number incase you have problems. And your garunteed to get a UK power commander with an O2 eliminator included, rather than a US import with no support or warranty.

8. skinso

skinso Active Member

Surely if u buy new on eBay u still get the same warranty as u would in a shop, any problems contact dynojet direct, most sellers of the pcv on eBay are shops

9. GSP

GSP Active Member

Not if it's a cheap import, UK dynojet won't touch it. And if it's old stock it won't have the o2 eliminator included.

Sure there probably is genuine people on eBay but I can't stand the place. I'd rather keep the British high street in business and have a shop I can't actually walk into if I have problems.

10. skinso

skinso Active Member

Is a dynojet pcv UK not the same as a dynojet pcv from anywhere else, is there a cheap version??

11. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

The US vernsion doesn't need an O2 Eliminator to run properly like the EU one

12. GSP

GSP Active Member

It specifically says on their website that power commanders with a US serial number will not be supported or have warranties in the UK.

It's the same reason David silver spares can't sell parts for bikes past 2002... Because they were buying parts in cheap from other countries and Honda took them to court for it.

13. GSP

GSP Active Member

14. dan.1moore1

Thats because U.S bikes dont have o2 Sensors.

15. dan.1moore1

16. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Eh? I've bought loads of post 2002 stuff from them?

17. GSP

GSP Active Member

So have I, but from the 1st June you can't buy parts for anything post 2002.

Sucks as they always were loads better than dealer prices... I guess rules are rules though.

18. GSP

GSP Active Member

19. Bats

Bats Active Member

Well chaps my mate is head 4stroke development at dynojet uk and basically buying off the bay is ok if its a UK model ie not taking away dynojet uk profit ;)

20. GSP

GSP Active Member

Buying a non uk model will be fine too as long as it doesn't break lol

I've bought a uk one either way... Got to do my bit for the economy.

I just bought a new Yoshimura R77 in carbon too.., that hurt a bit :( kept scanning eBay but I have no patience so bought new from the uk so I can have it tomorrow.