PPI help needed off any brain boxes

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Stevie_d, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

To cut a long story short I've had a ppi claim ongoing for the last 3 months which out of 9 banks & credit card companies 7 have now returned the no he had no ppi with us . The last 2 being Yorkshire bank and Mbna . Mbna have admitted I had ppi on my account and shouldn't be a problem to sort , the Yorkshire bank however is proving more difficult. I closed the account around 10 years ago and they say they cannot find me in thier system . I went into my local branch where I used to have an account and asked if they had any records . What seemed odd is that they provided me with 2 Yorkshire bank loan numbers and the years 1999 and 2002 but say they don't know my account number . Which is what the ppi company I'm with are after. I've binned all paper records of Yorkshire bank. So anybody know if there is a way of finding an account number that I closed 10 years ago. Seems they are trying to wriggle out of it. I had lots of loans with them for cars and bikes etc etc.
    Probably a mission impossible finding out as everybody bins records after 7 years

Thanks

Steve

2. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

What account paid the loan DD's, can't yiu ask for the statements to evidence a YB loan?

3. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Never asked , they were wanting to know why I was after the info. They said all they had was the loan numbers. Dunno if they have any more info or maybe head office will

4. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

I don't think you have to know the account numbers for a ppi claim do you? I've never done it myself, but I'd have thought a supplier and apx year should be sufficient for the supplier to investigate.

5. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Not sure , I just think the bank are trying it on. Now I have loan numbers they should have more info like the account the direct debit used to pay the loan numbers came from etc etc.

6. 1000rr73

1000rr73 Active Member

The ppi was on the loan though wasn't it, and you have those loan numbers you say. That will be sufficient for YB to investigate if you had PPI or not, you won't need to know the funding avc number to do that (although it would certainly help to evidence it should YB come back and claim you never had PPI)

7. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Which pip company are you using? I don't have time to sort it myself.

8. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

The easiest one as recommended by a mate , basically I rang Gladstone Brooke's , they entered everything I said over the phone onto a computer their end and sent me some forms . I only had to sign the top page of each form and send it back to them , they have done everything else. On the down side they take a 25% cut of any claim . But I thought I wouldn't get a penny as I have never took out any insurance on any loans and credit cards. However it appears the banks and credit card companies wangled it in without people knowing. So I will get summat before long . Hopefully enough to part ex the rep slow lol. No idea how much I'll get

#8 Stevie_d, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Apparently each bank has a form u can download and fill in and send back to them to check for ppi , also I believe the financial ombudsman can sort it with no commission. However as I said earlier I took the easiest option as I couldn't b arsed with 9 sets of forms. It may come back to haunt me as if I get £400 I don't mind paying £100 commission . However if I got £4,000 a grand is harder to stomach. Although my own fault

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RRoss

RRoss Active Member

Hope you get it sorted,Gladstone scored me £2k with the RBS for a loan i had back in 2000 that i'd completely forgotten about.
    Downside is they do charge 25%+vat so its 30% total:( Still,was £1400 in my hipper that i had no idea i was due:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

Can I claim back to the 90,s ?

12. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

Yeah I'm sure claims are going back to them , worth filling a form in or a phone call to find out. You never know there may be some money sat there with your name on it