Pricing up a trackbike

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Yorkshire Tyke, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Quite considering switching to a 675 at the end of the year, don't get me wrong the R6 is fantastic but I keep hearing great things about the triumph.

How do you go about pricing them up for sale? Can't really compare to roadbikes, is it just looking on ebay and pricing similar??

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

They're a lot more dollars YT than you've spent on the R6!

If U can afford to race one then go for it I say! :D

Mate of mine who comes to some of the Oulton gigs bought a 13 plate just for Track Days.

Matt from No Limits was selling a Track Ready one not so long back as he too I think races one and had bought a new-un!

#2 sinewave, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  3. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Yeah just go off what everyone is selling them at so you will be about in the right price area. Have you got any road fairings. Might be worth spending some time getting it back to standard then sell all the goodies off it or keep them for the next bike if they will fit.

4. Givover

Givover God Like

I had one ( road version) and whilst I enjoyed the ride ,the noise ,the handling ,in bigger company it just didn't cut it and had to go !.
    My feeling would be the 750 " if it's allowed in your group" a lot better bike but back to the 675 I can't comment on a tuned 675 that might be a different bike altogether .:rolleyes:

5. Muffking

Muffking God Like

6. Yorkshire Tyke

Been looking at that..

7. robinh73

robinh73 Well-Known Member

Hope you have a deep wallet YT! What is the reason for wanting to change from the R6? What spec is your R6? I am not knocking the 675 at all, as it is a great bike. However, they are more expensive to run and they are slightly more fragile. Speak to James at Infront Motorcycles about them. If you are sticking with the 600s, then the bikes to have are either ZX6 or R6, purely on a monetary front.

8. Yorkshire Tyke

The bike is standard apart from quickshifter and master cylinder

9. robinh73

So it is totally stock suspension too? Would you not consider spending on suspension and getting the handling sorted? I don't think you would regret getting a 675 at all, but I think you may regret selling the R6.

10. Yorkshire Tyke

Yeah think upgrades will be made this winter..

11. robinh73

If I was you and looking at the results you are getting, I would stick to the bike you know and spend on it this winter. I may change my rear shock (which is a Nitron Pro Race) so if you were after a decent shock, then this may well be up for sale and you could have first refusal on it.
    The R6 is a superb bike and I had a moment a few weeks back where I thought about going for a current ZX10, but having ridden the R6 again at Aintree on Saturday, I realised how much fun and how competitive the bike is. Over winter it is having an engine refresh and ECU reflash to get more power, so hopefully should be better still next year.

12. Yorkshire Tyke

Yeah apparently after a valve clearance mine is good for 125hp. Gonna upgrade forks and shock. Also go fit a racing slipper as the stock one is pants. May I ask why you are changing the shock?

13. robinh73

Have a look at an ECU reflash. Gives more power, but does not really need engine internals changing. There is also a mod which converts the standard R6 slipper clutch into a much more effective one. I am not sure what is involved, but I believe a spring is removed or something like that. Not expensive either.
    Get K-Tec internals in your forks, mine have transformed the front end of mine. I am changing to an Ohlins as I have been a good boy all year and like the gold colour. To be perfectly honest with you, there is no real reason for me to change. I think that the Ohlins is a better shock and is a bit more tuneable, but I cannot knock the Nitron. I paid £750 for it just over a year ago and would let it go for £400. A good shock that is a nice stepping stone between stock and Ohlins/K-Tec. Have a think, no pressure at all and i won't be offended if you say no. I will just piss in your fuel tanks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yorkshire Tyke

15. robinh73

That is good for sure, as the shock alone in the UK sells for about £1200. Only small downside with buying from the States is the import tax. You could well end up paying £600 to have the thing allowed into the country. Check this out before parting with your hard earned.

16. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Arthur looks after an R6 race bike he had it in the other week, if he knows his way around it half as well as he does a blade then could be worth asking some advice or even a trip down YT

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yorkshire Tyke

Yeah dunno whether to upgrade cheapish or just bite the bullet

18. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

That's the company I got my shock from check your PM's in 2 mins for some advice YT

19. robinh73

If it worked out getting a shock from them, then I could be interested in that little lot.

20. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Very good price that deal.

Me n Jase paid £2150 for the same setup on our Bikes last December from KAIS in Manchester, however that was fitted and setup also included.