Question for London commuters

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Slick, May 27, 2013.

1. Slick

Slick Elite Member

My work place has moved from The Kings road in Chelsea to (without being too exact) Brewer Street in Soho. Anyone know any good routes.
    I come from the west via the A4, not sure whether to take from the top (Marble Arch) or just turn off from Piccadilly Circus.

Thanks

2. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

I don’t know mate, I guess try different routes till you find one that suits you, although I have a feeling it’s all one way streets around that area so you will need to take that into account.

3. jokeshopbeard

jokeshopbeard Active Member

I agree with Freedom. I must've made the journey in and back upwards of 1200 times in the last 5 years. I come in from due north each day - used to work in Blackfriars and now work smack bang in the centre of the City and have tried many different routes on the way to each location. The traffic flow in London is so unpredictable that whilst one route may look better on paper, it could turn out to be an absolute arse in reality.

All I can suggest is keep trying different routes and eventually you'll settle on the one that suits you, and your riding style best.

4. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Cheers both,

I live west of London, so Chelsea is a breeze, been doing it for 7 years, never gets too busy unless a match is on or (currently) the flower show. Soho I think will be a PITA. Been studying Baron von Grumble's routes as he commutes to Lexington street.

I can be a bit of a naughty filterer but I think some of the roads are just so narrow but once I've settled in I might go for runs at lunch to learn some rat runs.