Racefit growler

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Jimbo Vills, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Right this may cause a stir but here goes...

I've always liked the look of the growler (as seen on the race fairings for sale thread) as I think its a bit diff from the very popular yoshi and akro pipes.

However I've been reluctant to purchase due to the dreaded 'S' bend!! As I understood this this was for pressure to help fueling / stop it running like a dog. But the guys who own racefit tell me is due to the stubbiness of the others, the s is to merely give it more length thats needed as it's still essentially a straight through system.

The grower is obviously this, but doesn't need the s as by design, it has the length required???

They say it'll run fantastic straight on even without a Pcv... And are so confident, they will give me my money back and 30quid cash for my trouble if I don't agree.

Thoughts please....

2. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Sounds like a good deal, how can you lose :) would be nice to see something different fitted :)

3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

That's want I thought Jamie...

But would like to understand the s bend theory some more, and be confident I'm not getting told porkies! Lol

4. Jamiestrada

I am sure they would not tell porkies racefit are very good at what they do by all accounts, the quality of my mates can on his gsxr600 is excellent, how much is the can out of interest ?

Also the Race systems Akro and Yoshi do not have S bends so there must be a for and against the S bend anyway ? as they produce more power than the S bend version that I have fitted

• Like Like x 1
  5. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

There is a lot more to an exhaust than people think, the length of the system is not always about back pressure its more about part burnt gasses in the cylinder, the tuned length retains a mixture of fresh fuel and air and part burnt mixture, this is what provides a good AFR for the motor also there are other factors to take into account like shockwave reflection and much more imo what you pay for in a quality exhaust is dyno time and R&D, an Akra for example will have been made as a prototype and tested, if it does not perform it will have been scrapped and re-done until target power gains have been found, plus the math time. Anyway I have made and modded header pipes in the past and they have performed very well with no R&D or Dyno time to develope it more a case of done what looks good. :) The Racefit Ti systems that I have seen have been nice! As for does not need mapping well......imo any change you make to the air flow of the bike needs correcting and the only way to remap the bike is by means of a PCV or Bazzaz etc etc and dyno time if they say it runs fine then I am sure it does, how far out the AFR will be can only be guessed unless you take it for eval on the Dyno.. :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

450 with the infill panel... Either carbon or titanium. Think I'll go ti as on a 2010hrc

Ive not heard anything bad about there products, but everywhere I've read says you have to have the s bend???

Gives you an idea

Attached Files:

7. arthurbikemad

Its shame as I did a nice mod to devalve a set of headers make new mounts and fit a growler to a customers LE GSX750 and it looked the dogs but I can not find the pics just emailed him for some.. :D

8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Cheers Arthur... That's pretty much what they told me at the bike show! I just struggled to keep it all in and makes a bit more sense when read - slowly!

9. vino

vino New Member

Woof! Looks nice, they sounds awesome, and with a guarantee like that, you can't really loose.

I'd go for it.

10. Jamiestrada

I like it :) and a very good price, leaves room for a PCV :)

Defo the 2010 HRC deserves all the bling and TLC it can get as its the best looking, fastest blade there is :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. arthurbikemad

Good job the Repsol has the all important HRC logo then...lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Clearly it wants to be a hrc... But it's not!

• Like Like x 1
  13. arthurbikemad

Phhh, dunno about that... The HRC is nice but . . . . . ;)

14. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

I love them a mint Ti was on the pit not long ago I watched it with a keen eye but it went for near new price, I really love them and the fact it's not a yoshi or akra, love the Taylor made but made out of chocolate by all accounts

15. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Yep - I'd get a taylormade if they werent pants!!

16. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

My mate was selling one off his brogue rep but chit quality he said when he took it off to take it to swap at dealers it rode so much better with standard can back on it

17. arthurbikemad

What can you say. :S

[​IMG]

18. damodici

damodici Active Member

Racefits sound awesome and I would of had one in a heartbeat if I thought I could go on track with it.... Sadly 98db limits ruined the day again :(

On the other hand how many times as a bloke can you seriously stand proudly asking the next biker 'Do you like my growler' ?

Priceless IMO

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Ha ha!! Priceless indeed....

You can get a baffle for it, not sure that'll bring it down though?? Fair point to note though...Hmmm

20. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

On the other hand how many times as a bloke can you seriously stand proudly asking the next biker 'Do you like my growler' ?

:D PMSL