RAF Odiham Trackday Monday 2nd May 2011

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by slowr1der, Apr 25, 2011.

1. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Anyone else from here booked onto this?

2. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

WTF!??

I didnt know they did a trackday there! I just moved round the corner and saw it on google maps and thought about sneaking in at dawn and razzing it!

TELL ME MORE!!!!

3. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Go to The Proud Home of Odiham Motorcycle Club download an application form and send it off with a cheque for £20 for membership for the year. You then get to apply for the trackdays (presently £60 a pop) as and when they come out, normally 3-4 a year. The track at Odiham is a good one and is about 2.5 to 3 miles long with a good variation between fast and slow corners. I believe there are at least 16 corners as the track stands at the mo, they extended the layout last year. Down the old straight you used to be able to top the bike out at 170+ (runway yee haa although i am more of a knee down for the cameras corner man myself lol). The new layout is pretty close to topping the litre bikes out as well however it is a bit bumpier and tests your bottle a bit more.

Plus the club have hired Cadwell for 2 consecutive days in June (£120 all in for both days i believe), last year we did it in April and it was only £90 for both days and had glorious sunshine both days.

Other benefits include heavily discounted trips to Assen etc for Moto GP or WSB as well as other racing events.

Also you can hire the club bike subject to availabilty for £50 a day plus £200 deposit for any trackday. These bikes are SRAD 600 there are 2 of them and they are raced in the No Budget Cup so as said it is subject to availability.

Its a no brainer really..........have i sold it to ya yet lol

4. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

OMG - im in.

5. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

I've been trying desperately to get involved with this but i cant seem to get in touch!

Man i so desperate to do this...

6. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

it was fully booked within 2 weeks of applications being released !!!! They have been looking for marshalls for the day though (they pay you £20 and give you a free lunch) but i think its a bit late for that as well.

If you would like to come and watch in the afternoon i will see what i can do but i will need your mobile number and vehicle registration number. I can ask one of the committee in the morning and then if they say yes i will let you know what time the gates are open for lunch so you can get in. (they only let peeps in before 0815 and during the lunch break).

Otherwise just join the club as the next applications are out in a few weeks for the July trackday

7. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Well it was a fantastic day but blowing a gale on the runway making us ride into a headwind. There were loads of blades there mostly in the Inters and Novice group i think. There was one guy who joined us in the advanced group in the afternoon on a Repsol and it looked like a Farnham Honda job as it had the Yoshi, tail tidy and levers etc

Anyway i had a great day even if it was on a 13 year old GSXR 600 SRAD, put many bigger and much newer bikes to shame all round the back section of the course and had to work bloody hard to catch and overtake them after they would pull massive distance on me on the 1km long back straight

8. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

I made it in!

I just risked it and turned up at 7:30 to see if anyone had canceled. Which they had! So i went into the Inters for the morning then got moved to the fast group after lunch. I was on a Repsol blade...?
    I did go upto everyone there with a new shape Blade and ask if it was you! I had no internet as i just moved house so that was a shame i didnt see this as we could have met up!

Great day - loved it. VERY tricky surface though, especially on the concrete section after the straight - had a few slides on the painted lines there! Also had a HUGE tank slapper coming out of the haystack bit where the spectators were!

Loved it - but now i need some new tyres..

Anyway, i am a member now so hopefully see you in September on the next one. What do you ride?

9. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

haha! Timing is perfect.. that was me! Weere you on the eggshell blue SRAD?? That thing was rapid!

10. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

yeah mate that was me on the eggshell SRAD lol it was quite funny cause i had to go like shit off a shovel to catch back up with you around the back section cause you were blowing me off of the track down the straight lol.

That SRAD is the club trackbike cost me £50 for the day and 1st time i had ridden it. However i have put a deposit down for a 2010 blade today and am going to check her out tomoz so maybe a bit more competitive next time.

The next trackday is July and then another in September. Great club though isnt it lol

BTW i was very jealous of ur Repsol lol

#10 slowr1der, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  11. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Haha, awesome. I remember having a bit of a tussle with you as i caught up to traffic and politely waited for a safe overtake... but you stuffed us both on the inside! But then the mighty pace of the blade enable me to blast past carrying me upto 171 mph on the straight!. Dont remember seeing you again .. haha - (that was a joke)

Which bike you seeing? Black and gold??

12. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

You reached 171mph.....I reckon I was lucky to reach 140 lol

The one I am going to look at is black but in the HM Plant scheme. If its as good as the advert says I will buy it tomoz

13. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Well, the speedo is probably out up there so in reality it was 160 ish.

Nice! Is that at Farnham Honda? You gotta go for the upgrades, its well worth it if they are still doing it. I think it was £555 for Yoshi r77, ASV levers, tail tidy, double height screen and Gilles rear sets! to buy that lot list you are looking at about £1350.

I rekon they will do you a deal...

Also, make sure the rear seat cowl has the correct rubber bits fitted as otherwise it will rub the tail fairing. Its happened to 3 of my bikes..

14. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Hi mate

its not from Farnham Honda and its done 6k miles already. I will post a bit more about it tomorrow once i have seen it and hopefully bought it but its got lots of bling on it already so hopefully i wont need to spend naff all on it bar the bazzaz

15. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Sounds like you had both had an awesome day at Odiham. Only down the road from me too so hopefully I can make the next one. Better get signed up.

16. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

17. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Haha, that was when i was catching you and then this happend... lol..

Attached Files:

18. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

You can clearly see me on the brakes there's where u are holding me up lol

19. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

haha.. ok this one..?

Attached Files:

20. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Still holding me up look I am nearly sitting upright lol.

I think that was probably the session I enjoyed the most thru the day that was until you cheated and overtook 4 down the runway and I couldn't catch them before the cones at the end.

You were a good quick rider tho have u done many trackdays? I shall hopefully be on a blade by July well by next week actually lol. Have u seen my other post in the general discussion section if so what do u think?