Random advice at mot

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Gravel trap, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Elite Member

So i had mine moted yesterday. Didnt go to usual guy as i have bugger all time off left so found a place just down from work in leeds. They do all classes of vehicle mi e wasent only bike in a couple of 125s a yellow rf900 and a ktm superduke. Anyway mine went straight through and we got talking on pick up he said parking her up now when you get home . No im an all year guy i said expecting some sort of ohh bet thats cold or do you have another bike and he went off on one about being mental on a blade in bad weather and im 100 percent going to get knocked off and seriously injured i should get a car immediately. I was a bit surprised. Yes if i could id have a crm 250 or the like for winter but not a car. I said i sit in traffic for nearly 2 hours going home in a car bikes half hour. We have a 16 plate passat but my wife uses it each day. I left feeling like headmaster had just torn strips off.

2. Cream_Revenge

Cream_Revenge Active Member

Imagine if he met someone who commutes on a Panigale!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gaffa22

Gaffa22 Well-Known Member

who in their right minds would do that :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Cream_Revenge

Cream_Revenge Active Member

They are out there, believe me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to wager the MOT man isn't a rider, merely an observer.

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

That's an interesting perspective from your Mot'er, GT. First off, you'd think that a tech working on/assessing bikes would have a bit more empathy with motorcyclists. In one sense (reading too deep) he is actually criticising you for riding during winter, and by implication, suggesting you're a crap rider. I mean, it's not as if you'd be doing 100mph-plus between the hedges. :) In the final analysis, if the bike sails through an MoT, who gives a toss about what we have to put up with!!

Second point: I would actually feel safer on any year Blade than a 16-plate Passat!:rolleyes:;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gravel trap

Gravel trap Elite Member

Oh god dont start the car debate. She wanted something bigger than golf so got a new Passat and its been 3 years of i hate this huge boring old man car i want a fast golf again ... it certianly felt like i was being told off.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Tell him to mind his own business.

• Funny Funny x 1