RCIB Insurance?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by travellingkiwi, Apr 6, 2014.

1. travellingkiwi

travellingkiwi Active Member

Anyone tried these blokes? Seem to be one of the few that actually go into the details of your requirements rather than assuming stuff that puts the price up...

H

2. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

Kiwi.....site is run and owned by a biker.....they are of course merely a broker not an insurance coy in there own right but have a personal working knowledge of RCIB and they are sound.

Nothing detrimental to report afaik.

HTH

3. travellingkiwi

Perfect. Cheers mate.

H

4. derick

derick Active Member

Used them the last couple of years. No issues. This year was a massive saving over last and they were the first to point out that the original renewal was way to high. Eventually got them to match a price from a comparison web site to a quote for themselves. No hassles.

5. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

6. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

To be honest Kentbalde those comments could apply to 99% of the bike coys.......I can only speak from my knowledge of RCIB which is all positive........got no vested interest in this coy by the way

7. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Just posting it up there matey to give the OP some options, thats why I stated I had no personal dealings with the company

• Like Like x 1
  8. travellingkiwi

TBH, some of the comments such as the insurance not starting till after they'd had a chat are explained on the website... Maybe it was just people who were expecting ti to be all done online... The website seems to be just a portal to APPLY for the insurance and they do everything manually afterwards (In fact they appear not to charge your card either. They just reserve a payment on it until after the chat).

We'll see what happens... :)

H

9. travellingkiwi

So all sorted... Had a chat... Even though all the bits were filled in online, they still run through EVERY question themselves...

Wasn't overly difficult. And a reasonable price for including business mileage. Most insurers seem to want an arm and a leg, just to include a few miles when going to somewhere I don't normally work. RCIB didn't... (Mind you neither did Wicked Quotes, but Wicked Quotes website didn't work properly for me... So they didn't get a chance really).

H