Really missing it...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Yorkshire Tyke, May 6, 2014.

1. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Having sold the blade to pay for racing I'm really starting to miss time on the bike.. It was the right decision to sell it because without a doubt I wouldn't be able to afford the racing if I still had it. Don't miss riding on the road tbh, just miss "bike time". I'm concerned that a month between rides is only going to make me a sh1ttier rider! Is there any way you can get on the bike without paying an arm n a leg for trackdays. Keep wracking my brains but can't think of anything. Feel at a right disadvantage because the sponsored up lads will be getting on track every week. Bad times..

2. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

How about helping out one of the track day companies with a bit of instructing?

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I am waiting to hear this from IcarusGreen now he's sold the road bike.

4. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

I'm not going to say I told..... Lol

Mate, just remember how good that bike time you are getting is!!! And how much it means to you.

I'm lucky in that I kept the r1 (for now) but I won't be without a road bike just to pop out and see the boys if nothing else.

My advice would be to forget about the road this year, then just get a road hack for the odd spin.

And don't worry about loosing ya touch, two laps on track and you'll be dialed straight in. Only been out on road 3 times this year and certainly don't feel like im going rusty ;)

5. Yorkshire Tyke

It not the road that I'm missing jimbo, just not getting enough time on the bike, I wanna be doing a round and a trackday at least per month. Wasn't betting on having to buy a new set of tyres after every round lol.

Instructing would be such a bad idea for me since I don't know what I'm doing lol!

6. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Exactly mate - I'm the same with work and funds being in track weekly isn't possible, really pushing my luck work wise getting in a td or acu day to learn new tracks before I'm racing at em :(

So only option is occasional blast on r1 - it helps trust me. ;)

Had a good ride out other week and just enjoyed the bike / ride / banter.

Often wonder how you get into instruction - but still got to run your bike, tyres, get there, lose work time etc etc.... So wouldn't work for me right now. The actual td money you'd get for free isn't the main cost tbh - and your track time is not that much (at a pace it's beneficial to you IMO)

7. Yorkshire Tyke

Yeah well I think next year or year after before my no claims runs out I'm gonna get an sv650 or something and just put decent suspension and brakes on it, then go out and try and keep up with the sports bikes, will be more fun that way. Even though the blade was amazingly fun it felt a little wasted/unsafe on the roads haha

8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Totally agree. Another 600 would be just as cheap and better handling tho? ;)

Plenty of options out there.

9. Yorkshire Tyke

10. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I think you'd soon get bored of the SV mate.
    As Jimbo said there are plenty of other 600's out there that will have decent enough standard suspension already on there.
    GSXR 600 is really comfy for the road also.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pete H

Pete H Active Member

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

I personally don't think there's a lot wrong with your riding mate, doing yourself an injustice there IMO.

Certainly understand what your saying about not needing all the power in the world to ride on the road. I've not rode a huge amount compared to what I normally do in the last six months, the 929's still in bits in the garage so ain't even been commuting much.

Got out Sunday and really enjoyed it, so always nice to be able to have the choice.

13. Yorkshire Tyke

Racing is too expensive. End of haha.

• Like Like x 1