Reevu helmets

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by tboneblader, Jun 10, 2011.

1. tboneblader

tboneblader Active Member

Hi, has anyone else tried one of these Reevu helmets?
    Its got a rear view mirror built in so u can see behind u. My mate bought one the other day and i tried it on and i thought it was amazing, very quiet and seemed comfortable enough.

here is the website
    Reevu motorbike helmets. Reevu - the world's first rear view helmet

Here they are on ebay
    Reevu Msx1 Rear View Mirror Motorcycle Helmet on eBay (end time 02-Jul-11 00:53:43 BST)

Id appreciate it if anyone has any information
    What do guys think??????

2. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

I cant help but think this would be very off putting whilst riding along. Would need to try one out really and see if it was more of a hindrance than a benefit.

I take it as that was your 1st post on this site that its yourself that is marketing the helmets. Its always polite to introduce yourself in the New Members section of the forums first.

#2 slowr1der, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  3. tboneblader

tboneblader Active Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I just swapped my tl1000 for a blade and normally use the tlzone forum but thought i should switch now i dont own one.

No i dnt market these helmets. I just wanted to know if anyone else owns one before i buy one as i normally only spend £60 on a helmet and i only replace it when i really really need to.

I was trying to find an unbiased review on them from people that where then everyday

4. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

i normally only spend £60 on a helmet and i only replace it when i really really need to.

Are you mad?? what price do you put on the value of your head?

5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

My thoughts also. Save and get the best protection you can. but thats just my thoughts

6. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Ah brilliant, the old helmet cost vs. quality discussion. I used to love that one, but have now learned to say nothing! :)
    I will say though that the Reevu sounds like gimmicky nonsense to me. Pick a helmet based on your requirements, not what the manufacturer wants to sell you.

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Mainly what fits you best

8. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

tried 1 on at hartside, a rep was up there, I have to say it would take some getting used to, it was a distraction and I didn't ride bike with it on