removing standard rr7 end can

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by matt, Jun 13, 2011.

1. matt

matt Active Member

hi all how do you remove the standard can?
    so far ive disconnected the flappey valve bit and removed all of the bolts i can see,
    (one either side of the can and one just below the seat, i also undone the link pipe and other exhaust clamp but i cant get it to budge,
    wha have i missed?

2. Hondo

Hondo Active Member

Nothing, I think thats it mate. Where is it stuck? At the bit where it slides into the mid pipe?

3. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

From what I can remember it is fairly easy to remove, !st remove the rear seat unit, then there is a bolt each side of the tailpipe, there is also a bolt on the right hand side just behind the heat shield, remove the clamp (this splits in 2 with a ring in the middle) and then take the cables off the valve and tie up out the way........job done.......simples :)

4. matt

matt Active Member

I think it must be because I have not removed the tail unit, hmmm I'll remove this tomorro and see what happens, at the mo I just aint got enough room to release the link pipe bit so can't lower the can,
    Cheers for the replys guys

How's the recovery goin Garry?

5. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

Hi Matt

My recovery is going well thanks, I even took the bike out last week. I was a little shakey and struggled to put my feet down when I came to junctions. I only did 25 miles but it is a start. I am now concentrating more on riding my mountain bike as it is great physio for me. It did feel bloody good to be on the Blade again though!

6. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

Any chance you can get down to Odiham in the car Gary, would be nice to meet up. A few of us going???

7. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

When and where are you all meeting up?

8. megawatt

I think signing in is about 0730!!!at the RAF base. Think they are allowing friends in at lunchtime as well. PM your real name and reg of vehicle you'll be arriving in and I'll ask em to put you on the friends list???

9. garyauk

garyauk Active Member

What date is it? I'm going to be a bit stuck if its a week day as being self employed and being off with a broken leg has swallowed up the savings!

10. megawatt

July 9th , Saturday mate???