Repsol 2009 tinted screens and other seat options

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by damodici, Jun 15, 2011.

1. damodici

damodici Active Member

Morning all,

Well, I'm leaning more and more towards a repsol as opposed to the HRC although I'm known for changing my mind last minute so the unveiling day will tell all.

anyway as the title suggests, can you actually get a tinted Repsol screen with decals in place all ready to line up? Also, what about a tinted screen that's a little higher as I'm not the shortest of blokes although I don't want anything too big that'll ruin the lines and look of the bike.

Then seats (more generic), obviously without doing some distance on the new bike I'll never know but we go to the Ring a couple of times a year, actually going on the 30th of this month but that'll have to be on the RC8. However I'm booked in again in august so I'd like to take the blade for a shake down, are they good for that kinda distance or is it worth looking at this e-cushion thingy Honda do, or is it more Corbin or sergeant as it is with most other bikes?

Cheers

2. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

The standard seat is fine I reckon.

I did 250 miles yesterday on and no problems at all with comfort

As for the screen Honda do a higher repsol screen. There is s picture on the Honda accessories website. They're expensive though.

3. scratcher

scratcher Active Member

4. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

great info there

5. matt

matt Active Member

seat is ok standard, i did a 2500+ trip with no probs

6. si1000repsol

si1000repsol Well-Known Member

Hi,

Yes you can get a genuine Honda Repsol Tinted screen (I have one) and I upgraded to the Energy seat which is nice and comfy. I still have the standard one which is covered with the Luimoto licensed seat cover. My blog is at Welcome to my Repsol Fanatic Blog. The 2011 HRC is nice but I think the Repsol is still the best!