respect to south yorkshire police

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by coupe312, Jul 7, 2013.

1. coupe312

coupe312 Active Member

wow

i had a one hour pass tonight, and i used it well come on baby play time.....

i got on the A1 at marr a by god was i luck freshly split red diesel from a 5 lt container can all over the outrside lane on the slip road.... the can made my ass twitch enough. i kne wit was red as i could see what was left in the bottle

i pulled off after the next junction and called 101( police non emergence) got a big thank you. and they said they would treat as a emergency to avoid a incident

got home to find a voice mail of of the police saying thankyou, read had been clear although someone had been up the verge.

i getting good a doing my good deads

• Like Like x 7
  2. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

And don't forget yourself with the respect coupe for actually taking the time to report it, so many people think someone else will do it, the first time anyone knows about it is usually after a RTC and some poor sods left counting the cost!
    You did the right thing.
    Ring the old bill in the first instance, they treat it like a hot potato and want to pass the responsibility to the local authority ASAP,
    because the old bill don't need the hassle of cleaning up RTC's, as soon as highways are notified, they become responsible for anything linked to the spill injury and loss if proven to be caused by a spill, the police then only assist highways with traffic management road closures etc until some spills can soon be sorted with absorbants and the like, some need the carriageway redressing. Now that's an arse ache and a half no one wants on a Saturday night!

• Like Like x 2
  3. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Well done Coupe, you did proud mate.You will never know what could have happened, had you ignored it.:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

agreed, well worth a call and could have saved someone lots of pain and money

• Like Like x 1