Rossi back with Honda, no its not happening.

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by rm2092, May 7, 2012.

1. rm2092

rm2092 New Member

It seems that the Ducati is not working out as planned for Rossi, who would like to see him ride for Honda Repsol again ? I know I would but there are reports of going back with Yamaha next year.

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

I read that he is going with Tech 3 Yamaha with CocaCola sponsorship ?

3. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

MCN ?? [​IMG]

4. tucker

tucker Active Member

Well even if he pushed a bike round he'd place higher on the grid than he does on the Ducati !

5. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

i have commented numerous times about valentino leaving ducati and where he would go ....BUT ??

motogp.com ยท Preziosi: New Ducati engine set for Laguna Seca

after reading this it seems as though since rossi's outburst at qatar they must have had crunch talks and now it seems to go like this, we will build what ever rossi and burgess want as they know best and it sounds as though nicky has no real input into the development of the bike anymore.

When rossi does get what he needs and the new motor cures the drive and understeer problems they have is it really out of the question that he might stay with ducati for another year ?

6. MrB

MrB God Like

I just hope something positive can come from it all soon. The sport needs it.

As per the related thread yesterdays race was rather dull, something needs to happen it used to be such an exciting sport to watch.

7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Like I've mused before, Stoner's style is such and the from he is currently in has meant that he could take an evil handling bike like the Ducati evolved into and either win it or bin it. On a sweet handling bike like the Honda he can shave enough fractions off his laps with the limits he's comfortable to push the thing to that he can humiliate any chasers. At the moment, everyone else's only hope is his bouts of dubious fitness that acts like rain as a leveller.

Rossi inherited a bike that hadn't needed to be made that much better handling than it had under Stoner because, once the stiffness of the forks had been addressed, Stoner could win on it. That box was ticked and Ducati moved on. Their next number one rider comes along, whose style just isn't suited to the bike at a core level and Rossi riding like Stoner will just never happen. Ducati will find it easier to find someone who rides it like a dirt tracker and wave Vale goodbye.

Even then I'm afraid we've got a Schumacher/Ferrari scenario until Casey gets bored and moves on.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bongo

bongo Active Member

He burnt bridges when he left Honda. Can't see him back on one. Yamaha maybe, if anyone, but not factory.

9. djfleming22

djfleming22 Active Member

I think that Rossi will now stay at Ducati ... i think Ducati will now build the bike Rossi wants instead if them thinking that they know best and if the bike they are now building to Rossi's spec falls on its arse then it will be his fault and not there's ...also with Audi buying them failure is not an option

Stoner rode a bike built for no one really not even for him he just changed his style but this was no good for Ducati ...one person winning the and rest down in 15 place and below they want all there bikes like Yamaha's ride able and Ducati making the choice of who rides there bike not the other way round... imagine Ducati having the best bike in the paddock the likes of Marquez would be jump at the chance that is what Ducati wants .... the pick of the best

10. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

I watched a Ferrari race with V46 taking part, he was good, I think we will see him changing sport fairly soon. He is class, the new deal has not worked the Ducati is not what it should be at the moment but will come back. Just a case of timing.
    Anyone else think that the satellite Yamaha's are getting some top gear this year in comparison to the the other satellite teams?

11. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Couldnt agree more it certainly seemed that ducati thought they new better than rossi + his crew and now they know they didnt. if rossi is getting what he wants why would he leave

12. beavis

beavis Active Member

Much as it pains me to say it , i think Rossi has had his day . Both Stoner and Lorenzo will 8 out of 10 times beat him now even if he had decent machinery that he got on with .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bats

Bats Active Member

I agree with beavis and i love rossi such a shame on his career to end like this i hate Moaner and lollypop head but fook me there good ;)

14. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Just to put a thought out there. do you guys think pedrosa is now better than rossi as i really dont think he is. thats why i think given a good bike he would still be fighting for wins

15. blade1980

blade1980 Active Member

No way pedrosa just got a good bike, he only keeps his ride due to him being Spanish and the money he brings to the team, even dovi finished above him last year in the championship and lost his ride with Honda, put Rossi on a Yamaha/ Honda and he'd be winning races again

16. damodici

damodici Active Member

I'm sorry but I'm also in the camp that thinks even if Rossi had a repsol Honda or M1 both Lorenzo and stoner would beat him at least 8 out of 10 times.

I know a lot of people absolutely idolise him and who am I to say whether your right or wrong to do that but I'm also a realist and the sport needs new blood not clinging on to 1 man as though he's the be all and end all.

Hopefully he'll get a different ride if not only to try and put his career to bed in a manner where people will let go, but even then if it's a satellite team the usual talk will be 'if he had a factory bike he'd still be winning'.

17. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Still even beating stoner and lorenzo in only 2/10 races is still better than what pedrosa can manage. i do believe rossi is on the decline and no longer capable of toying with his rivals like he used to but he is still capable of fighting with them and thats all people really want to see

18. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Damo's right. We've been lucky enough to watch the guy climb to the peak, stay there longer than most and now we're watching the torture of him on a non competitive machine struggling to keep up with riders with only a fraction of his talent, let alone the new breed of aliens.

Let him have a go at rallying, like he's always intimated he'd like, where he'll have nothing to prove and might still have some surprises up his sleeve.

• Like Like x 1
  19. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Or let him do btcc. couldnt think of anything better

20. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, no offence to the Checa's and Biaggi's of WSB, but there'd be something a bit sad and 'second hand' about seeing Rossi there with them.

• Like Like x 1