Rossi: 'I can't ride this Ducati'

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dave-uk, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Dave-uk

Dave-uk Active Member

2. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Cal did have a really good race and i can see a few podium finishes for him this season and hopefully they wont be as a result of JL, CS or DP falling off. He is obviously happy with his team and bike set up this year best of luck to him.

Vale what can you say, only the VR46 haters would want to see him in this position and i dont think it does MotoGP or Ducati any favours him struggling like he is. Would love to see him back riding like we all know he can, smiling and messing around in the paddock.

3. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Yes it is sad and i really dont understand how it can make people happy to see him soooo down. when he is on form its just a pleasure to watch. i only hope he can find another ride at the end of the season so he doesnt slip away from us.

I for 1 am shocked at how well cal is doing. back when he was racing in bsb he would certainly not have been top of my list for a brit ti break through in gp but full credit to him

4. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

It is very sad.
    I am not a Rossi fan, but I do not wish this on him at all.
    I hope he either turns things around or gets a ride with a competitive team next season.
    He has had a fantastic career and i do not want to see him retire in the situation he is in now.

5. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

This season will be all about those first five riders.......with prob no difference in top three just swapping odd podium finishes, and Rossi needs to move on, he just aint cutting it at Ducati......

6. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

The problem rossi has is if he is not in a factory team he wont get the development he needs coming through. he doesnt have many options. would honda or yamaha take him back, this is very doubtful so he either has the monster yams, lcr honda or gresini. a 1 man team would suit rossi perfect. i would love to see him start his own team

7. Moily

Moily Active Member

There's a good article in the latest MCN Sport that goes into what's wrong with the Desmo GP12 and what they've changed so far and possibly the last thing left they can change, which by all counts won't be ready until Le Mans.

8. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Gresini would be best option....plus he ll bring money to the team with just who he is.....next season will be his last chance to prove it....or he quits at end of this one.

9. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

If a good ride is available he will take it and if there isnt he will retire. i just hope gresini changes his mind on not wanting another italian rider after marco because that is the 3rd best bike on the grid and is more than capable of being on the podium race in race out

10. drewl999

drewl999 Active Member

I'm full of admiration and respect for Rossi but it really annoyed me watching the gp and the camera only seems to switch between the front 3 (obviously) and Rossi. Even though Rossi was just bimbling along, not overtaking anyone or even that near anyone for most of the race. If hes having agood race or battle with someone then fair one, but people like cal and Bradl had better races but barely any coverage.

Right, rant over.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

And whats the point in having the crt's if you dont even get to see them

12. drewl999

drewl999 Active Member

Exactly. Bit disappointing when you don't really see what's happening for the rest of the race

13. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

The Ducati/Rossi thing has shattered my illusion that Rossi was the master of all things two wheels... feel sorry for the bloke tbh and wonder what's next for him, IMO they should kick Pedro out of the Repsol team and stick Rossi back on the RCV then we will see who's best out of VR and CS... :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dave-uk

Dave-uk Active Member

Now that i would love to see Arthur :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Rossi and stoner in the same team. Will never happen but my god if it did

• Like Like x 1
  16. Villan

Villan Active Member

Carlsberg dont do motogp teams...................................but if they did :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. tandbiskits

tandbiskits Active Member

The trouble with Stoner & Rossi together is the same as Rossi & GEORGE LORENZE. They don`t like the over enthusiastic team mate scenario, Rossi & Lorenzo at Japan a couple of years ago (correct me if i`m wrong), dicing it up , clashing of fairings, Lorenzo got a piss on over it, Stoner doesn`t like it if people upset him. That is the sad thing that we will never see now Marco Simoncelli ( 2013 Moto GP WORLD CHAMPION IN MY EYES) has gone on. Rossi & Super sic are the only two riders who didn`t mind sticking it to the others.
    Stoner has obviously got bags of talent, to be able to do what he did with the Ducati that everybody else hasn`t been able to do with it. But i just don`t find him interesting to watch as a rider. Now that Marco has moved on to pastures new, & Rossi is keeping the CRT bikes company, it is just the same old merry go round, nothing exciting is going to happen with the riders up the front , unless it rains of course.

18. tandbiskits

tandbiskits Active Member

Rossi @ Gresini would be an interesting combo.

19. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

Rossi on a Suzuki, Kawasaki or KR then we would see if he could rescue an underdog.

20. Andrew

Andrew Active Member

I'd like to see him go out on bit of a high and I can't see that being on the Duke