Royal Garden Party

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freedom of choice, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Got a letter at the end of last week informing me that I have been nominated to attend the Royal Garden Party round at Liz’s on 29th May and represent our industry.
    Letter goes on to say a formal invitation from the Lord Chancellor’s office will follow shortly.
    I am now expecting that’s gona cost me a new dress, shoes, hat and god knows what else for L.
    Hope Boris doesn’t turn up or it will be more like an Irish traveller’s vendetta bare knuckle event.

2. dave d

dave d Elite Member

our postmans not been yet! congratulations FOC is it too cheeky for pics, :D get 1 of katies sis pippas ass :eek:

3. Givover

Givover God Like

Now thats something i would have to pass on ,old biffers all creeping about arseholeing sounds like the day out from hell.

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Christ thats something to go to even if your not into the royals.

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Take a packet of fuses with you.

Si wants his bike back.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

Sorry mate, but you have to buy a new clean bike as well to show off at the garden party.

7. Freedom of choice

This has opened a right can of worms. My director has got the hump because he wants to go. The CEO has been asking questions why its not him as head of the UK business and I have had to explain that its not about who I work for but the fact I have been in the industry for all most all my working life, work closely with TfL and skirt around the political system within a Parliamentary group and besides I am not representing “our business” but the industry as a whole. The next hurdle is the Compliance application log which has to be approved by a department located in Europe. Alarm bells are ringing and red lights flashing because I can’t put a monetary value on something that has no value as it can’t be traded, brought or sold.

Told L to hold back on the hat for now.

If I ever get to go I will have a look for Si’s bike but I am guessing Harry will have hot wired it weeks ago.

One step closer to a knighthood.

8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

what is it you do exactly freedom?

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Methinks another management rant coming so I'm off to another thread.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

If you do get to go you will enjoy it, I haven't done this but my brother has. He had to stand in a certain area at a certain time and the queen would come a say hello, that is exacly what happend and he was made up.

11. Freedom of choice

What a wonderful day

Since the notification earlier in the year that I had been nominated to represent our industry I hadn’t give this much thought until L said last week, shit what am I going to wear and I need hat which was followed by much “cant wear that, what about this, shall I wear this one” to which my mumbled reply to all questions was “yep that’s fine” The hat or should say the fascinator was brought and all set to go.

L booked us an early lunch at a great fish restaurant called ‘Fish Works’ in Piccadilly where we had the Fruits der mer that inc crabs, oysters and gambas all washed down with a very nice bottle of wine. Luckily the wine helped to deaden the pain of the bill…over a hundred quid for lunch which I thought was a bit steep but wonderful none the less.

We then wandered down to the palace and waited to clear security etc before being guided through the palace and into the gardens. We wandered about before going a having a cup of tea, cucumber and mint sandwiches (with crusts cut off) and little some little cakes.

At four o’clock Team Royal then appeared on the terrace as the military band played the national anthem before walking down onto the lawn, the minor ones branching off to stop and chat with people. The queen and Prince Philip, Charley and horse face, followed by the fit one with the sister with the cracking arse made their way by a more direct route, the morning suited lackeys in front asking peoples names and what they represented. One very plumby mouthed guy stopped and asked us who we were etc, making notes to brief who ever decided to stop and talk to us. Prince Philip and Charles spoke to the women next to us and Kate that got the cream looked like she was going to speak to us but was instead introduced to some fella on the other side of us in military uniform. She did give me a lovely smile though. I said to Ling, “did you see that, she fancy’s me. But don’t worry darling she wears a bit too much slap on the old face for me”.

Afternoon finished with ice cream and more tea.

On the way back we stopped off at a pub for a pint and sit in the sunshine whilst the rush hour crowds clear off, and then caught the train home.

All in all a very pleasant, once in a life time, interesting day that we will remember for a long while made all the better by the nice weather.

IMG-20120529-00335.jpg

Westminster-20120529-00060.jpg

12. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Thanks for sharing bud, loved the horse face and fit arse part as did the wife

You both look very smart... More so the wife ;)

13. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Ling could definitely do better...

Definitely...

14. Freedom of choice

Thanks for the kind words fella's, that two less christmas cards I need to write

• Like Like x 1