RR8 Wheels on an RR5....Will they Fit?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by RepsolBlade, Jan 24, 2011.

1. RepsolBlade

RepsolBlade Active Member

Hi Guys.
    Question in the Title, was wondering if I need make any mods to fit, ie discs calipers etc, or best just sticking with what I've got?
    Cheers

2. viper_biker

viper_biker Active Member

Do you 'NEED' to change them? As far as I know it, you just stick your standard spacer in and they'll be fine. I'll find out for you for sure.

SP rear wheel fits, 04-07 ar all interchangable (and maybe even earlier models) A mate ran an SP Dymag in his RR7 with the Fireblade spacers and it worked dead on.

3. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

its complicated.

the wheel itself is the same width, however the disc face is narrower so you need 2mm spacers to go between the wheel & discs.....

THE WIDTH OF THE HUB WITH SPACERS IS IDENTICAL ON THE 06/7 AS THE 08/11 BIKE. THE ACTUAL HUB IS 116mm ON THE 06/7 AND 108mm ON THE 09/11.
    THE DISC OFFSET IS 15mm ON THE 09/11 AND 12mm ON THE 06/7.
    THE WIDTH WITH DISCS FITTED ON THE 06/7 BIKE IS 140mm AND 138mm ON THE 09/11. SO AFTER ALL THAT THE FRONT WHEEL WILL FIT THE 06 – 11 BIKES BUT ON THE LATEST BLADE IT WILL SIT AT 1MM ON THE INSIDE OF THE CALIPER AND 3mm ON THE OUTSIDE ON BOTH SIDES.

4. RepsolBlade

RepsolBlade Active Member

Cheers guys for that, reason behind this thought is very simple! Front is fine, couple, and i mean a couple of little marks! However the rear, that is the issue! I hit a cats eye, when i was pretty well hanging off the thimg and it took a chunk of rubber out of the front tyre, not hitting the rim, but the rear rim took the hit, and bent the lip quite bad!
    I had it straightened, and there is only the slightest of kink in it! been checked and double checked for safety etc, and there is no issue with it, but where it was dented, has left a mark!
    Now, sorry about this.... I have been offered a set of brand new Blade wheels tyres and discs, but I wasnt sure if it was worth investing a rather large amount, when realistically, a bit of HRC rim tape will cover the marks I have on my rim!
    Well, I hope that makes it clear, and again, thanks for the reply, and the speed!
    Andy