RSV4 is ready

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by shanes, Apr 5, 2012.

1. shanes

shanes Active Member

ok its done and ready for the track Sentul opens next weekend so i can't wait to test it , well ready apart from Bazzaz that will be fitted next week , QS , TC so should be fun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the new suit to go with it

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Love it mate! And the leathers...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

totaly totally mint!!!!

my only grip (and its only a little one) - the biaggi sticker!! lol ;)

4. shanes

shanes Active Member

i sent a pic of the bike to the paint shop to copy and they where asked to remove that but i guess it got lost in translation so ill put some black contact over it :-}}}

• Like Like x 3
  5. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

That's awesome depending on how my track year goes one of these could be on the cards

6. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Looks the dogs doo dahs mate........always fancied em....keep us in the loop on how she performs !

7. kev1382

kev1382 Active Member

wow.....iv just lost some sex wee..:)

8. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Stunning bike mate, I folded and bought the blade over a factory rsv4 as I preferred it as a mainly road based bike, I don't regret it but looking at that does make me wander if I made the right choice :)

Leathers look fantastic as well, The only thing that will look cooler on the track is the great big darkies those slicks will leave behind as you powerslide out the turns :) love it mate !

9. KRL

KRL Active Member

Soooo sexy...............

10. shanes

shanes Active Member

well i took the day off and went to Sentul on the RSV4 yesterday :-}}

i had a little issue traveling at 250+ kph at the 200 meter mark i found i had NO brakes Nothing :-{ i got on the rear and tried to go down the box after rear swapping sides 3 to 4 times in the gravel trap it high sided me into orbit , i crossed my arms over my chest and waited for the impact that seamed to take forever , lots goes through you head in that split second :-}} a i was rolling though the gravel i caught looks of my bike cartwheeling beside me :-{

Anyway i got up not to bad got the bike back to the pits , i must say they crash well we straightened up the bars fixed the brakes replaced all fairings as they where all destroyed and i got back out for another 2 sessions after lunch before the rain came .

bike is ok but has a lot of gravel damage on the Akra , link pipe , engine , frame and tank , ill strip it tonight and start cleaning it up , fairings all ready off to the repair and paint shop to see if they can fix them

i am very sore today shoulder and ribs hurting and a bit of a headache but i guess i was lucky as it was a big one , i won't be riding this weekend fixing the bike and may go out on the jet ski shoulder to sore for moto cross , ill be back on track next weekend to try and get a full dat testing in

11. slowr1der

slowr1der Active Member

Shite news that but at least you are ok no major injuries.

Sounds like the bike bounced well, have you bottomed out the lack of brakes?

12. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Bad news there. did you find out what the cause was

13. shanes

shanes Active Member

yes when it was in last week getting the bazzaz fitted they had it apart , after i seen where the bazzaz was mounted i was not happy and had them remove it totally , luckily as it would have been ripped off and the fairing bracket and everything that side got a pounding .
    anyway what happened the throttle has the 2 cables coming out about 40mm then they bend at 90 degrees this was mounted at the top but was now more forward , the front master must not have been tight enough so while braking over a few lap it pulled up or rolled up a bit so when i hit my braking point i grabbed the lever and it jammed against the throttle cable , i pumped it once and i had loads of pressure but it wasn't slowing down at all as the lever was hitting the 90 degree bend , as you know at those speeds you don't have any time to do much i would have still been doing 200 when i hit the gravel i made it about half way across at one point i thought i wasn't going to stop and may hit the wall , then i thought i can save this but it spat me off in a big way you know the ground sky ground sky ground sky ground sky ground sky ground sky :-}}}

anyway its all good , fairing will be fixed and painted i will know today weather they can fix them , i already have the bike on the lift so ill strip it tonight check everything and try and clean up the gravel damage on the frame etc over the weekend need to get it ready for next weekend so we can get out there again .

the new leather held up great hardly a mark on them i was well impressed :-}}

14. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Farking hell mate! Glad ya both alright. Even better, ya gonna be back on it next weekend. Mines still in my shed all smashed up. Til I win the lotto this weekend. :D

15. shanes

shanes Active Member

i was back out on it after lunch that day for 2 sessions :-}} the guys did a great job stripping it down straightened up everything a fitted a spare set of fairings , wanted to make sure all was ok and bike felt good i would hate to have just left after a crash that fast , i needed to get back out there and do some laps and get back on the pace so it didn't mess with my head next time i go to ride , but i had a good 2 sessions so i will get it cleaned up and have another go next weekend .

its only a bike so it doesn't really matter everything can be fixed as long as your not hurt its fine :-}}

16. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Christ shame just glad your ok bud, I will not be asking for pics. Poor bike but as said the main thing is your ok

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jamiestrada

Glad you came through that one relatively unscathed, and the bike is still a runner, as you say as long as your fit to ride another day it's all good :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

I look at it totally different, personally speaking of course. I would rather my bike be ok and cop for a few extra broken bones. The way I see it, costs fcuk all to mend me, but the bike.........probably wrong attitude....but I am a skint bastid!! Lol

19. shanes

shanes Active Member

i have had 47 broken bones already i don't need any more :-}}}

i also use bikes as just a tool that why i pay cash for them a write them off the day i get them that way when i destroy them i don't get that upset , if i buy a bike i forget about resale value its 100 written off , i would rather go with out a bike than have one on finance or loan i don't ride on the road only track so they are just toys , i know i am going to crash them sooner or latter so no point worry about it , if i don't crash i must be riding with my skirt on and not having a go :-}}}

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jamiestrada

No guts no glory Shanes :)

• Like Like x 1