Running In

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by abv, May 10, 2011.

1. abv

abv Active Member

2. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

i rode mine like i normally would from day one. obviously took it easy on the brakes for fors 50 miles to bed them in etc

only thing i didnt do was hold full throttle or redline it until it had its oil change. otherwise just enjoyed it

also let the bike heat up till the fan cam on and allowed to cool and repeated a couple of times. heard that seals the piston rings better.

the engine feels better every time i ride it. now has 1300+ miles so should be well run in now

3. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

oh one more thing - i found my chain stretched alot in places and was tight in others

adjust your chain every 100 miles or so for the first few hundred miles and make sure you check for tight spots

mine had a massive tight spot but it seems to have gone now.

4. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Good advice :Banane40:

5. Brym

Brym Active Member

Fowlers mentioned keeping the revs below about 6k ish to me most of the time but Honda don't list anything specific in the manual

Basically not to go revving the hell out of it everwhere but equally you don't want to be to gentle with it either as the piston rings need some load on them to bed in properly. Try and work up & down the gears/revs i.e. on nice bendy roads and not labour the engine to much i.e. sat on the motorway at steady rpm and try to avoid short journeys where the engine will not get upto temperature properly until bedded in.