Samsung Galaxy Note V's Apple iPhone. None motorcycle related!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Garyb, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Now im not one to be lead by others opinions, but I'm coming up to renewal time for a mobile, however I'll throw this one out mainly because I don't understand half the s##t regarding phones. I want Internet I want to make a phone call I want maps texts emails etc and I want it quick, Now the eyesight ain't getting to clever so the idea of a 5.3 inch screen as opposed to a 3.5 seem quite appealing.
    Plus the speed of the galaxy is twice as fast etc.
    So guys and girls it's over to you.
    Is it going to be a new iPhone or a move to a samsung galaxy note?
    Cheers folks.
    P.S. Be nice to each other ;)

2. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I've got the iPhone and I'll be renewing it come April. Though only because I now know how to use it and couldn't do without it now.

My sister just came in with the new samsung yesterday and I must say I was impressed though the size of it put me off.
    Going with what your saying mate about your eye site it may well be a good shout though.

I'd give the 2 phones a try in store and see which you prefer on the day. For me it comes down to ease of use.

3. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

I'm with you Collin. Size did put me off a little, however most times at work I have earphones in so no need to stand talking with a brick in my hand, in the car or truck I use a Bluetooth through the radio so really the most I would actually use the phone in the hand so to speak is Internet browsing, which for it's size still ticks all the boxes.

4. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I'd need to get a proper go of the samsung, probably on Christmas day, but it did look the part and seemed easy enough to use.

I think it would be down to how much you use the iPhone for all the things it can do compared to the samsung.

5. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

The iPhone has been mint, I've had one since it came out, I'm on a unlimited Internet with 02, most things on phones IMO are gimics? But Internet is a must and good maps. They all use the google ones now so no compromise there. But even using wifi the iPhone is 7.2 compared to 21.odd for the galaxy. Anyway I won't rush in don't want to seem too keen, it's a buyers Market I'll wait till after Christmas may be able to get into a shop and as you said earlier have a hands on play around with the galaxy.
    Cheers Collin :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Villan

Villan Active Member

I had iPhones but firmly in the galaxy camp now, so easy fast and flexible. Love it! But you should try them both, see what you prefer.

7. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

As good as i think the iPhone is , the screen is just to small for internet browsing , I prefer using Apps for the stuff i do on the net with it , Ebay , Paypal , Tapatalk , facebook Apps etc

The best advise has already been given here

Test drive both , The new dual core iPhone is ripping but i find the internet awkward on its screen thou .

8. bry641

bry641 Active Member

Just got the new Samsung note....does anybody know of any good bike apps on android.......can it be mounted on bike like my old iphone4........

9. gixerthou

gixerthou Active Member

I was also thinking about the galaxy Note - but the size !!!

and then i read that the Galaxy S3 is due out May/June this year ???

not as big as the note - but faster dual core processor and onboard RAM so ???