Scarecrows

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by kpone, Jul 12, 2012.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Where did this idea of scarecrow competitions come from. Three years ago, the scarecrow was a thing of the past, just fond memories of Jon Pertwee getting away with threatening to bash up a pair of irritating kids on Saturday prime time. Now every street corner of rural England has some pikey looking manakin propped up against lamposts with zip ties.

I'll tell you it creeps me out. It's like being in the first scene of a Dr Who Christmas special.

Please don't let it be another made up American import like prom night and trick or treat.

2. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Its scarecrow week next week just down the road from me at hinderwell. i have to say though some of them go to town and produce some really good ideas

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Just around the corner from me is one with a lawn mower. Every day at about dinner time it disappears and there's a "gone to lunch" sign hanging on the handlebars.

It wasn't that long ago around here that they used to hang gypsies on the street corners.

4. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Do your scarecrow competitions have themes,ours do...its proper sad.There's even a map of our village to show you which garden has a scarecrow in it and you can plot a route to take in all the scarecrow sights.:rolleyes:

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It probably does Ash. Jeanette does all the community spirit stuff. Parish council, pantomime, etc. I'm anti social to the max and try and keep out of it all when I can. Just get dragged out for "Caroline's printer won't work" or "Jill can't get the sound system to work in the victory hall". You know the kind of stuff.

6. Givover

Givover God Like

[​IMG][/IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Thank you Giv,ive always known...:D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

The farmer puts one in the field next to us. I don’t mind, I use it as rifle sighting practice for head shots. I am not bad with the elevations and distance but windage I struggle with.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Freedom of choice

Come on Giv. Give me a break not on a school night mate.

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

This is what you need David. With one of these you could shoot it from my garden and only have to draw lead because the planet moves.

11. Givover

Givover God Like

Thought you would like that.Home from home. Perhaps Ling will let you have a Maid for your new house?

12. Freedom of choice

gimi gimi gimi. I wish.... I only really shot the rats in the winter but they are the size of cats. I don’t like to just wing them so they have to slink off and die in pain. One shot one kill is what I want.

13. Freedom of choice

Again gimi gimi gimi. I wish giv....but one woman is more than enough for me. Old age mate the mind is willing but the body cant back it up......takes me all night to do what I used to do all night.

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

With the 50, I think it would kill its parents too.